2007 Yukon Denali Build (This got outta hand really quick...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't really have any new videos of it shooting flames... Here are two old ones before I put the 402" motor and heads in it. It's even better now running on E85.

Hell yeah brother!!![emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What grill combo is this?
Not 100% sure honestly... I bought it on eBay and my purchase history doesn't go back that far. There are only a few that look like that so you should be able to find it or one similar.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too much to list really, you should browse through the thread...

A short version of my project: 2007 Yukon Denali, Built/Forged 402" Iron Block, Lunati crank/rods, Wiseco Pistons, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Brodix 6 Bolt CNC Heads, Fully ported LSA Blower, ZL1 Lid reinforced, 2.5" Upper/10% 9.1" ATI Lower (14.5-15psi), Kooks 1 7/8" Headers, Gutted Kooks Y Pipe, 1000cc FIC Injectors (I have ID1300x2 injectors going on in the next week or two), running pump E85, Mishimoto Radiator, HD2500 truck fans, Custom Blower Chiller, QA1 Double Adjustable Coil Overs front and QA1 Double Adjustable shocks in the rear, Front Drop Spindles, Rear 4-6" Drop springs with bags. Transfer case was original and just rebuilt a few weeks ago along with another fresh transmission build (broke an input shaft). Running a Circle D 3k Stall Triple Disc convertor. Self tuned with HP Tuners. Front diff is rebuilt to OEM spec, rear 10 bolt Diff has a TruTrac. Best ET was an 11.77 @ 124mph and that was in November here in Michigan on SNOW TIRES spinning all 4. Planning on stepping down to a 20" light weight wheel and running drag radials on all 4. I have 16" Wilwood brakes waiting to go on sometime this month. Full 5" intake and MAF only tune right now.

Honestly, probably forgetting a lot... Probably making just over 1,000hp but I will get it on the dyno for a solid number.

My IAT cruising around has gone up slightly since I removed my heat exchanger fans. I'm also running a very thick exchanger that doesn't allow a lot of air flow at low speeds. Without the chiller, I see 30* above ambient right now. Usually only 15* when it's warmer out. With the A/C Chiller turned on, I see temps right at ambient or 15-20* below typically. Temps don't go above 115* after a 1/4 mile run and quickly recover to 15-20* below. Before my chiller, I would see 160-200 degrees on a long hard freeway pull. No longer an issue and the chiller will be working better when I get my A/C problems worked out (currently have a blockage or bad compressor).

I'm running MAF only because it works really well for me. I don't have any drivability issues and I don't need to make big changes when the temp changes or for altitude. I have considered getting my speed density dialed in so I can run a blend but I do not plan on getting rid of my MAF, no reason.

I use a Granatelli 103mm TB now and LOVE it... No issues like I had with my NW 102mm unit. You will notice more power/performance if you upgrade, ANY restriction before the TB is lost power on these blowers. Get the biggest intake you can fit and get a Granatelli 103mm on there. They are cheaper than the NW units.

I feel the same way about the MAF only tuning. I never noticed a lick of a difference when running blended mode. There are people on HPTuners who will censure you for not tuning SD and run mixed. I've just run MAF only and all my vehicles run nearly as smooth as stock even with cams.

My opinion is I will never get my VE table even close to accurate unless I rent a load bearing dyno and can hold each cell in each column. So why do it if it's not going to be precise? Seems foolish to me when I can get my MAF dialed in perfectly even on the street.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My goal before summer is over is to run a 10.9 qtr... I don't think it'll be a problem on E85 if I can get this thing to hook. If I can't get faster than an 11.5 or so I'll switch out these 90LB 22" wheels/tires for a lightweight set of 18" wheels with drag radials. It would save me 30-40 lbs of rotating mass at each corner, that should certainly be enough.

I watch some of this dudes videos with the 2000 hp escalade. He mentioned he switched his AWD to a 4x4 because the AWD works by pulsing the ABS. I assume it made a big difference in is launches. I really don't know if it's true or not just figured I'd pass along.

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I watch some of this dudes videos with the 2000 hp escalade. He mentioned he switched his AWD to a 4x4 because the AWD works by pulsing the ABS. I assume it made a big difference in is launches. I really don't know if it's true or not just figured I'd pass along.

I’ve been running mine for a few years now with the ABS fuse pulled, problem solved. I don’t have any issues at all.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been running mine for a few years now with the ABS fuse pulled, problem solved. I don’t have any issues at all.

Cool. In that video I linked, he says he did the same thing but all that happened is he'd do 1 wheel burnouts down the track so IDK.

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. In that video I linked, he says he did the same thing but all that happened is he'd do 1 wheel burnouts down the track so IDK.

That’s more due to the open front differential which is the same with a 4x4 transfer case. He only solved the issue by getting a slick on there and shocks to limit rebound and compression during weight transfer on launch.