Has anyone replaced those dreaded Bridgestone's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has been a while since I have posted in here.
But one thing has been a long time coming...replacing the tires.
The Bridgestone Dueler HL's have been pretty bad since day one on my Denali.
They are 285/45x22 and are close to down to the bars with 17K miles on them.

They have always been horrible in the rain and anything less than AWD when the road is wet is asking to spin and slide constantly. I have them set to OE specs- 35psi(?).

Checking tire rack it appears the Michelin LTX is rated #1 followed by the Pirelli Scorpion in the OE size. I have always liked Michelin's although they seem to wear quickly. I had Pirelli Scorpions on a Tahoe 10 years ago and they rode a bit rough compared to the Michelin's they replaced.

Any thoughts?

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll take performance over wear any day. Few or more around here run the Michelin

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After my first set of michelins I love them. Will be replacing them with another set of michelins. I agree with @ISU-152 , performance over wear any day. Although I must say I got a decent amount of miles on mine and they are not all the way down in tread yet. I've still got a bit of life left in them. So I vote michelins. They ride so nice, especially compared to the Bridgestones that's the dealership put on mine before i bought it.

OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm looking into the Michelin Premier LTX. There is a Defender LTX also that appears to have deeper grooves.
However from what I am reading the Premier should have a bit better ride, has a higher load rating and should handle better in the rain.
That is my main beef. The Bridgestone's are straight out scary in the rain in RWD.

Luna1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nitto nt421q 285/45/22 is another option worth looking at. I have these and love them. The pirelli's are pretty nice to.

thebishman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I placed the 22" Michelin Defenders on about 500 miles ago. They are night and Day difference better than the crappy Bridgestones. They have more compliance; are quieter; better handling, and I'm sure will be better in adverse weather.
The Latitudes are supposed to be excellent, but I wanted a slightly more aggressive M&S tyre.
Bish

BlackDenaliXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put the michelin defenders on about 900kms ago.

Very happy with the ride and handling.

Even had a light snow fall last week and handling and braking was very good.

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the Michelin Premier Ltx's I put on mine.

OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes- day 2 on the Premier LTX's and I can say hands down they are a better tire.
Much more grip and a softer ride over imperfections. No rain the forecast, but I can't wait to see how they are on wet roads.
I'd give a review on how they do at the boat ramp, but it is 45* here. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo