Has anyone done their own Leveling Kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No but being pointed down in hill can give the look of it having a rake when there isn’t one. Sometimes I think stuff like that causes an optical illusion.

Yea it certainly can i guess. But the gaps above the tires are the final giveaway i suppose.

OP
OP
Snblinn

Snblinn

Reaction score
I hear ya guys. My house was built in 2006 so the driveway does ungulate.

I've measured many times on different locations. Forward, backward, in another parking lot ect....

From my observations and research, it seems trucks with self leveling air shocks have a greater difference in height front to rear.

It may be that the air shocks keep the rear "up", decreasing the sag or fatigue of the rear spring. This in turn causes the front springs to absorb more of the weight causing the front to fatigue and settle more over time than a non-air rear strut.

In short, a standard rear strut has less of a difference front to rear than a air assist rear truck.

Well, that's my hypothosis so far.

Either wayI ordered the 2.5 kit. I will post pics of it before and after when I get it done.

Thanks, Steve.

OP
OP
Snblinn

Snblinn

Reaction score
The instructions are pretty good but don't explain you need to screw the Allen bolts into the adaptor. Pretty self explanatory, but I thought I'd mention it.

I added anti-seize due to the dissimilar metals, only put it on the last 3/8 inch of the bolts shank, then inserted into threaded hole. If I didn't that stuff would be on the entire bolt threads and get everywhere. I tried to keep it clean. 20220610_123002.jpg20220610_123037.jpg20220610_124811.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 373180This gave me too much up front, 3-1/4 inches.

You measured the spacer to be 1.625" thick. 1.625" x 2 = 3.25". Why they are sold as 2.5" lift is beyond me. I know the ratio isn't exactly 2:1, but it's really close. Close enough that you shouldn't have a .75" discrepancy.

On the other hand, it doesn't look bad. At least, the front appears level with the rear at first glance. What's your next move- send 'em back for some that are 1.25" thick? Have those machined down .375"?

OP
OP
Snblinn

Snblinn

Reaction score
I decided to remove the 2.5 in upper spacer and replace it with a 1/4 inch upper spacer I made and a 1.5 inch lower. This gave me 2.25 inch level. I may remove the 1.5 in lower and go with a 1 inch. Should give me 1.75-2 inch.0.25 bracket.jpg0.25 upper strut.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645