Has anyone done their own Leveling Kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely brings back some good memories and the ideas we'd throw around on various topics. That burb will always have a place in my heart. She was a good girl and endured a lot of experimentation for the good of GMSB along with being the start of numerous how to videos :)

I miss my square Burby's BAD. :(

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There only appears to be 2 inches difference from front to rear. But if you see how much tire is showing above the tape on the front, I would need to raise it more than 2.5 inches to make the tires fit the wheel well front and back.

The rear wheel wells are lower than the front on a level suburbal. My 01 Expedition was simular, think 66' Bronco.

Body lines, fender arches, etc., all affect the appearance regardless of the actual measurements. I'd measure the front where it sits, then jack it up under the center cross member 1", 1.25", 1.5", 1.75", etc. and step back for a look after each adjustment to decide on what lift I wanted. Maybe set up a camera (even a phone camera) on a chair or ladder rung to have a repeatable perspective for comparison photos.

OP
OP
Snblinn

Snblinn

Reaction score
Thanks guys. It's 2 1/2, that's why I'm second guessing myself.

I'll measure a 10 more times just to be sure.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Dosnt matter if the driveway is level. Could do the same thing on a steep hill…it wont change the gap between the wheel/tire and the body lines.
No but being pointed down in hill can give the look of it having a rake when there isn’t one. Sometimes I think stuff like that causes an optical illusion.