Has anyone done their own Leveling Kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Snblinn

Snblinn

Reaction score
The bodyline is lower in the front.

If I level the front 2.5 inches, the bodyline will be 2.5 inches lower in the front and the "door ding" bodyline will be level.

It may visually "appear" front high, but that will be due to more wheel well showing.

Well, that's the idea anyway.... I'll see when I'm done.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you are spot on. The body lines are a but different then the fender lip height. So to truly level the fender openings, then the body lines wont be, and vise versa.

I personally would not go any higher than 2” up front. Anymore than that, and it looks like its sagging ass in the back. But again, thats nitpicking personal preference at that point. Some like that look. I dont.

I had the wifes last 16 denali leveled with a 1.5” spacer, then eventually went with fox struts set around 2”. I liked the 1.5” stance better.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thing to measure is the lower pinch weld area/steps. For that area to be perfectly level, the front fender height will be higher than the rear.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bronco comment made me lol. But so true.

The square body chevy blazers and burbs were even worse compared to this body style….leveling one of those had a much taller front fender height compared to the rear.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bronco comment made me lol. But so true.

The square body chevy blazers and burbs were even worse compared to this body style….leveling one of those had a much taller front fender height compared to the rear.

I did some mock ups when I used to have a Square Burb regarding this.

@07Burb @pwtr02ss @George B

image (2).jpgimage (1).jpgimage.jpgIMG_0006.jpgIMG_0006_1.jpg

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just over at GMSB yesterday creepin on them. Boy that brings back memories! And the motivational pic thread is still as good as ever.

Yeah I still visit them when I can. You should see the new Buckets new pad he just moved into.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely brings back some good memories and the ideas we'd throw around on various topics. That burb will always have a place in my heart. She was a good girl and endured a lot of experimentation for the good of GMSB along with being the start of numerous how to videos :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076

Latest posts