Hard to find a Yukon optioned the way I want nearby, so...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GunnerD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm a new guy here. It'll be my first GM purchase.

So, using the build tool and "check inventory" I'm able to find a few Yukon XL Denalis optioned exactly the way I want, but they're several hundred miles away. How doable is it for a local dealership to get their hands on one of these, or... is it easier to just order one the way I want from the factory through my dealership? I'm going to be trading in a 2018 Ford Expedition Max, and I'd rather not have to make a long road trip to get this done.

Thanks y'all!

Last edited:

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But I have a trade-in. Would they do a trade-in deal from several hundred miles away?
I would say that a good dealer would, I would check with and ask. I would guess they would be willing, as Large SUVs are still a hot ticket item, so that gives them more insentive to take your trade.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Dealers trade all the time but your close dealer will need to have something another dealer wants, especially if hundreds of miles away. Then you can trade with the local dealer.

Welcome to the forum and post pics of new when you get it.

Abear1979

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealers I’ve spoken with were not willing to trade with other dealers because the Yukons are so in demand and hard to get. But you might get lucky. The other issue I was finding is vehicles on the GM inventory when I would call to ask about them since they were in transit were *almost* always pre-sold. So just be prepared to make a lot of phone calls. Also some dealers are still doing market adjustments. I’ve seen anywhere from $3k-$15k over MSRP as it’s not always listed on the dealer website. It’s like trying to get the stars to align. But ordering isn’t easy either waiting for a dealer allocation is hit or miss. I put two orders in here in NC and both sat for a month. Called a dealer in Alabama (bigger volume dealer) and was able to get my build on an allocation that was just accepted. It’s taken a lot of time and effort so hopefully it will be worth it. I’m also coming from an expedition.

dancastro

Reaction score
First thing you should do is call the dealer to be sure the truck isnt presold. During my search I discovered that many of the vehicles that show on the lot or in transit are already spoken for. And as somebody said above you will probably get a much better deal selling your trade to Carmax (even covering the tax break).
Good luck!

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've bought 2 new vehicles using the build and inventory search at chevy.com in the past 7 mohths, one a '23 Yukon 4 hours away (they delivered to my door) and later a '23 Suburban was 6 hours away (they delivered it to my door and drove back in my Yukon trade-in), so yes it's a wonderful feature and I'll do it all over the next time I go shopping :thumbsup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt