Hail damaged cars!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We live in michigan and there was a hail storm came thru the area over a week ago, golf ball size hail. We wanted to go look at a couple suburbans nearby and wow was this dealer wrecked! $92k suburban check out the hood! Heard they were giving some big discounts for people that wanted the damaged ones and can fix on their own.
IMG_0963.jpeg
IMG_0964.jpeg

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
We live in michigan and there was a hail storm came thru the area over a week ago, golf ball size hail. We wanted to go look at a couple suburbans nearby and wow was this dealer wrecked! $92k suburban check out the hood! Heard they were giving some big discounts for people that wanted the damaged ones and can fix on their own.
What dealer was it.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Their asking price will be determined on what the insurance pay off is. They can just get a new hood and bolt on and paint if not already painted. They will factor in the roof insurance as well and any other sides/front/back damage and price it for sale. So many people will buy and never fix the roof.

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When I lived in KC, Mo., there was a couple times when hail storms came thru the area and dropped baseball size hail and even softball size hail and several times of golf ball size hail. There was always a lag of time for the insurance companies to go thru and pay off the dealers and then the ads came out for the expected "hail storm sales" at the dealers. For months and years after that, you could see dimpled vehicles all over the greater KC area.

One of the baseball size hail storms happened about 8 am to 9 am on a Saturday morning and I was asleep still and I woke up from the noise and it sounded like there was a hundred people on my roof that was banging up there with sledge hammers. Crazy crazy crazy sound.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They will get an insurance payout most likely and not fix them. I talked with a guy who bought 5 F450 trucks with hail damage for a steep discount. Also, invest in a good black light and look for spider cracks in the clear coat. It will prove more damage than meets the eye.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See what one of those guys that pull the dents out will do it for. It likely has roof damage as well. We had one of our trucks get hit with hail much worse than those. Had a guy local to the worker go by, did it all for a little over $4k, and the CarFax is clean. Can't tell anything ever happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork