Introduction from Bill @ Cold Air Inductions Inc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

My name is Bill and I am with Cold Air Inductions Inc., we are a Cold Air Intake manufacturer based out of Michigan. First off let me just say that Cold Air Inductions Inc. is really excited to have become a supporting sponsor of this forum, and we really look forward to becoming a part of this community! Personally, I drive a Sierra 2500HD, come from a multi generation GM family, and have always been a "Truck Guy" since I first got my license, so I think that I will have a great time getting to know many of you!

Anytime there is a "new guy on the block" (especially a new vendor) on these forums, I understand that people can sometimes be a little skeptical as to what our intents are. For that reason, I would like to use this thread to just tell you a little more about how the company started, what we are about, and where we are at now. Sorry if it seems a little long winded, but I know that some people really like to know this sort of stuff, and we want to make sure that our customers know as much about us and our products as possible, so here goes:

Like many great companies, Cold Air inductions (more commonly known as CAI Inc.) started from a passion and hobby…

The president of CAI Inc., James Newsome, is an auto enthusiast who has built several drag & show cars. With years of experience employed by General Motors and a life filled with designing and wrenching, James had the knowledge and skills needed to do all the engineering and fabricating for his own projects. While building one of his N/A race vehicles, James decided he wanted an air intake for his vehicle that would stand above everyone else’s, not only in concern to performance, but also in appearance. He didn't want to use the same old heat absorbing plastic system that sucked in all the hot air from the engine bay, he wanted a system designed to live up to its name and be a true cold air intake system. Unfortunately a company did not exist who built a system to James higher standards of quality and design, so he set out to build his own cold air intake.

Little did he know, what started as just a project was going to lead him into something much, much larger. After endless research and design, prototyping, and testing, James had a cold air intake for his vehicle that was maximizing his vehicles performance, and was getting a lot of attention when the hood was popped. A friend would see it and want one built for his vehicle, people at the drag strip would see it and want one for their vehicle, and the requests kept coming, thus Cold Air Inductions Inc. was born.

CAI Inc. was officially formed in 2004, and James started engineering and manufacturing Cold Air Intakes for the public. But he did not stop with just designing a whole new approach the air box, which is an enclosed and insulated design, with a removable lid that has a viewing window for easy filter inspection. Nor did he stop with ceramic coating his intake tubes to prevent heat soak, which no other company in the market does. He then went on to create his own design of high performance air filters, which have features way above and beyond what is considered to be “industry standard”.

If you want to take a look inside of one of our air filters then check out this video!

Years later from its humble beginnings in a garage, CAI Inc. has a large team of dedicated employees, sells thousands of systems every year, has an extensive dealer network thougout the U.S & Canada, and utilizes some of the best technology, equipment, and Quality Control practices in its new manufacturing facility, which has its' own engineering lab for design & development. Sticking to its roots, CAI Inc. still implements the same research and design, prototyping, and rigorous testing for each unit that is manufactured as if it were going on our own vehicles. All the Dyno tests we do are with the hood closed, and gains reported are to the wheels, to simulate real driving conditions as much as possible. By keeping our quality standards high, constantly improving product development, and treating our customers like we would want to be treated, CAI Inc. has become a leader in the aftermarket performance industry for cold air intake systems. And not just consumers are taking notice that our products are constantly outperforming the competition, CAI Inc. is now in development for multiple cold air intake designs for the GM Performance Parts Division, has been featured in multiple magazine articles, and our new GM Truck/SUV system was recently on Speed Channels TruckU!

Click Here for the thread to learn more about our new Truck system!

Hopefully that gives you a clearer understanding of where we came from, what we are about, and what we have to offer. Again, we are really excited to have joined your community here, and look forward to serving you for all of your cold air intake needs!!

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645