Got some Projectors for the Yukon... help me decide on lights :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Ill get some tonight... NOT impressed.

Dude, people need to listen to me on this.

If it has a "halo" (or some cheap knock-off) or bizarre and unnecessary LED's on it for no apparent reason, the OUTPUT IS GOING TO SUCK.

lol

Seriously, 99% of those "halo" and LED lights are pieces of crap to begin with. The projectors and optics in them are horrible, as you're now noticing. People refuse to listen and say, "what about suchandsuch brand?" NO. If they have a HALO they F'ING SUCK. Stay away from them.

But, people gotta do their own thing and fail for themselves.....sheeeesh.

:D

Sorry...we hear this so much on here, I get PM's all the time, and few people actually take the advice given. I'm not giving you, personally, a hard time. It sucks to learn the hard way, so I try to help as many people as I can avoid that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bkboatnsleds

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. learned the hard way on this one!! :)

These f-ers are FOR SALE! :)

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Think i'm better off with Denali OEM's vs. Depo?

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Yep. learned the hard way on this one!! :)

These f-ers are FOR SALE! :)

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Think i'm better off with Denali OEM's vs. Depo?

Either/or, honestly. I don't think you can go wrong either way. If you can find some good used Denali lights for $200 or less, I'd jump on them. $300 for brand new DEPO's isn't horrible, either. If you get used ones, make sure the front lenses aren't faded, pitted, or cracked. Polish them up with some Flitz metal polish...it'll remove most minor surface blemishes, and you'll be good to go.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

I know you don't want black, but here's a heck of a deal, at $138/pair and free shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HEADLIGHTS-PAIR-CAR-AUTO-PART-SAE-DOT-APPROVED-WARRANTY-/290607882738?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ASierra+Denali&hash=item43a99461f2

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do agree w/ scott, as he has helped me, but the only thing i will say is, that they are all a personal choice. For reasons of getting the halos and such. As i still really havent understood the led lights on the side of the lights. ?? I read your threads about retros and all, but i still really like the halos, and will be adding them in when i get my retro done. but they wont be the crap you get on ebay. LOL, those are. lol. but for the light output mine isnt that bad w/ the halos projectors i have. Better than stock for sure, on my tahoe, but then again i live in houston, so its not exactly dark here.

and since this is the net, im not arguing, just stating why i got mine, even after reading your threads and posts, which are still helping me w/ retro. Which honestly as i contradict myself, lol, is why im retroing in the first place. But not b/c i didnt like the output of the halos, just gave them away as a went to diff. route on lighting. My output was ok, but i went into it, not expecting excellent lighting.

but for future ref. anyone wanting great output, denaliak, is right, the ebay stuff isnt the best your going to get, its ebay china crap. If you really want excellent lighting do a retro or keep what you got and save the money for other mods.

Just my opinion, denaliak, scott, does know a thing or two about lighting. lol.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Thanks. I think? lol

Mike, you're doing it the right way, though. I do think the halos look pretty cool, it's just that most of them are crap. BUT...if you do it yourself with quality parts you can't go wrong. IMO the ideal setup would be an HID retro with a halo retro, too. Heck, if I was feeling really adventurous, I'd probably crack my lights open and wire some LED strips Audi-style in there and hook them up to the DRL wiring. At this point I think the halos are a little over-played, although every now and then I see some that totally rock, and they are usually custom.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I think? lol

Mike, you're doing it the right way, though. I do think the halos look pretty cool, it's just that most of them are crap. BUT...if you do it yourself with quality parts you can't go wrong. IMO the ideal setup would be an HID retro with a halo retro, too. Heck, if I was feeling really adventurous, I'd probably crack my lights open and wire some LED strips Audi-style in there and hook them up to the DRL wiring. At this point I think the halos are a little over-played, although every now and then I see some that totally rock, and they are usually custom.

Lol. yes its a compliment. lol.

learned from you doing it this way. lol. Ive learned instead of spending money on mass produced items, i'll just build it myself and spend the money once. Halos w/ retro fits, and halos in the z71 fogs, (maybe) I actuallly have four of those audi strips, just not sure what to do w/ them. But wouldnt do halos and them, thats too much i think.

but hopefully one day i'll get it done.

Sorry OP, back to topic. lol

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
the only Good Projector is the ones that Serge and myself have. Retro fit your own.

serge
web.jpg

web.jpg

Mine
picture.jpg

Quads warming up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6lDRrt0VHg

txsmainevent

"The Lurker"
Reaction score
Dude, people need to listen to me on this.

If it has a "halo" (or some cheap knock-off) or bizarre and unnecessary LED's on it for no apparent reason, the OUTPUT IS GOING TO SUCK.

lol

Seriously, 99% of those "halo" and LED lights are pieces of crap to begin with. The projectors and optics in them are horrible, as you're now noticing. People refuse to listen and say, "what about suchandsuch brand?" NO. If they have a HALO they F'ING SUCK. Stay away from them.

But, people gotta do their own thing and fail for themselves.....sheeeesh.

:D

Sorry...we hear this so much on here, I get PM's all the time, and few people actually take the advice given. I'm not giving you, personally, a hard time. It sucks to learn the hard way, so I try to help as many people as I can avoid that.

What about these for a tahoe?:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-0...essories&fits=Model:Tahoe&hash=item2a122167dd

I dont want t o be cheap on the projectors.....

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can somebody post pics of their depo outputs? I've seen them before but I don't think they're that great, unless I'm missing something. Or maybe I don't understand the meaning of good 'output'. Idk.