Got Some OBS respect yesterday...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was driving on Rt17 north in Maywood, NJ in heavy traffic(3-5mph crawl) a guy in a Jeep GC pulled up next to me...

Guy: "Hey what year is that"
Me: it's a 96
Guy: "Real nice looking, I really love those older Chevy's, yours looks great"
Me: Thanks
Guy: "If I can find a good one I am gonna pick it up"
Me: go for it!

Then traffic started to move. It was validation for the work I have been doing over the last few months. There was also a brand new Ford p/u in front of me, and a late model Chevy p/u behind me. So I was feeling even better about the convo.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:waytogo:

EastTXYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice.. Same kinda thing happened to me the other day. Local police officer follwed me into my work parking lot, never turned on his lights or anything, but just wanted to tell me how nice my 2 door was. Said he had been looking to get one, but everything he had seen were rust buckets.

Anyone can keep a new car looking nice. It takes a special kinda person to keep a 15 year old truck still looking good.

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happen to me today... A fedex driver came in2 my work 2day and askd " hey know whos tahoe Limited that is in the parking lot..?" I said why did u hit it..? He laughed and said " no, I wanted 2 see if they were interested in selling it"... I said no... Long story short hes a fellow obs enthusiast and we chopped it up for damn near an hr about obs... Good times...

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happen to me today... A fedex driver came in2 my work 2day and askd " hey know whos tahoe Limited that is in the parking lot..?" I said why did u hit it..? He laughed and said " no, I wanted 2 see if they were interested in selling it"... I said no... Long story short hes a fellow obs enthusiast and we chopped it up for damn near an hr about obs... Good times...

Did you ask if he's on any forums? Those Limiteds are hard to find in good, clean shape. I see them from time to time around here but most of the time they are beat up and well used.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Was thinking the same.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

Saw one last month and told the guy to join up.

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha that's happened to be twice, once was on the road, and the other i was in a parking lot and a couple drove by giving compliments, then offered $7000 to buy. I said no and walked away like a *******

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lol: it's understandable to walk away from $7k. At least it wasn't $10k or something :D

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I told him about the forums and my user name and he said he would join soon so hopefully we'll b see a new member soon...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuckWild62

Latest posts