Got some new shoes for the Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a set of 22's for my 04 Yukon. They were freshly repainted and for $700 I couldn't turn it down. I planned to repaint them gunmetal but the red is growing on me quickly. What do you guys think? I still need to raise the front end up to clear a little better, although they don't rub. Going to swap in a set of stock keys tomorrow and see how it looks. The red is a metallic candy-ish. Hard to get a good pic of it.20200215_160514.jpg

OP
OP
E

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part of the reason I'm thinking about running them as they are is they were just painted and ceramic coated. It's going to be a big pain in the ass to sand them down and get them ready for a repaint. It is definitely the only red I'll have on the truck. My brakes and suspension are burnt copper which is the accent color I use on all my cars.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Part of the reason I'm thinking about running them as they are is they were just painted and ceramic coated. It's going to be a big pain in the ass to sand them down and get them ready for a repaint. It is definitely the only red I'll have on the truck. My brakes and suspension are burnt copper which is the accent color I use on all my cars.
If you like them that's all that matters!

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm worried about

Then you answered your own question.

Even if you like them, if this is a worry that's going to always be in the back of your mind, even to a small degree, then you probably should repaint them. This is a kind of look that one has to lean into and embrace, not wear with apprehension.

OP
OP
E

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm more worried about getting pulled over by the cops in a few of the towns around here. I don't have anything to worry about if they do pull me over aside from the hassle of a few lost minutes. Guess I can run them and see what happens. I still have the stock wheels if I need to swap back while I repaint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_burks