Got some new shoes for the Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a lot of experience with plast dip from DYC. My last BMW was completely disassembled primed with paint then dipped with 9 gallons. Back when I did it about 8 years ago DYC had never even heard of anyone dipping a car to that extent. I had all the glass out, replaced all the seals and reassembled as If it was all new paint. I had a lot of people at shows that couldn't figure out how the car was painted because it came out so smooth and flat. There was no seams or overspray like you see when cars usually get dipped when they're all together. Dip looks good when done right but horrible when done wrong.

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont care for the color on the truck. But it is yours!

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a lot of experience with plast dip from DYC. My last BMW was completely disassembled primed with paint then dipped with 9 gallons. Back when I did it about 8 years ago DYC had never even heard of anyone dipping a car to that extent. I had all the glass out, replaced all the seals and reassembled as If it was all new paint. I had a lot of people at shows that couldn't figure out how the car was painted because it came out so smooth and flat. There was no seams or overspray like you see when cars usually get dipped when they're all together. Dip looks good when done right but horrible when done wrong.

Got pics of that?

yukonfan

Reaction score
love the red. got a pic of the front? i just bought a 04 yukon and im looking for ideas on the front. looks like you removed the mouldings as well?

OP
OP
E

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the mouldings and badges are gone and so is the rear bumper for a roll pan and hidden hitch. The side steps are regular yukon side steps that were sanded smooth and painted to look like denali steps. The denali steps have a bumpout to blend in with the stock body moulding. The holes in the front bumper are before I had them filled and repainted. The rear vents are escalade with hidden brake light/turn signals. The turn signals chase up in amber.IMG_20181222_103535695_HDR.jpg IMG_20190323_142156623.jpg IMG_20190401_145644452.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the mouldings and badges are gone and so is the rear bumper for a roll pan and hidden hitch. The side steps are regular yukon side steps that were sanded smooth and painted to look like denali steps. The denali steps have a bumpout to blend in with the stock body moulding. The holes in the front bumper are before I had them filled and repainted. The rear vents are escalade with hidden brake light/turn signals. The turn signals chase up in amber.View attachment 242545 View attachment 242546 View attachment 242547
Do you have a write-up on how you did the lights in the vents? I’ve seen that done but yours look sharp.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
All the mouldings and badges are gone and so is the rear bumper for a roll pan and hidden hitch. The side steps are regular yukon side steps that were sanded smooth and painted to look like denali steps. The denali steps have a bumpout to blend in with the stock body moulding. The holes in the front bumper are before I had them filled and repainted. The rear vents are escalade with hidden brake light/turn signals. The turn signals chase up in amber.View attachment 242545 View attachment 242546 View attachment 242547
Looks really good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts