Got PO300 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do have 4 O2 sensors. 2 post and 2 Pre cat. There are multiple codes with different P numbers for 02 related problems and problems that cause sensor to hi/low limits of rich and lean. Ill concentrate on the codes that relate directly to 02 sensor defects. no sensor output or heating element open on sensor and/or no voltage to heater element. 02 sensor has to be real hot to give valid readings and that is what its internal heating element is for. If the cat(s) were bad I would expect to see a code for a bad cat and that code is generated by using the values of the pre and post cat oxygen sensor readings. There will be a substantial difference in readings between the 2 with a bad cat this in between them. Ive got 2 K chassis (Denali and Tahoe) very close to 300k miles and original cats. Sounds like OP jumped the gun buying cats and that was an expensive mistake.
Over 400k on the original cats here. But always maintained so they are good. Perhaps the OP had another issue that killed cats and may happen again. Or, his crank sensor is flaky and is okay at idle but bad above that. Hopefully, he gets back to us after the parts replacement.

03yukXL

Reaction score
For what it’s with my 2003 had the same code and issue. Ended up being a failed intake gasket. They get old and harden, then lean air causing a leak condition

OP
OP
latvius

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it’s with my 2003 had the same code and issue. Ended up being a failed intake gasket. They get old and harden, then lean air causing a leak condition
So one day you lost power driving then the next day it worked fine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo