Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Velocity19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey so I’m having this issue with a Yukon I just bought, it’s a 2005 Yukon xl Denali 6.0l and just today I was driving down the road and my gas pedal went to the floor and nothing, tc light can on and I pulled over and I had the p1516 TAC module code, I’ve heard some things about this from doing some research but this is my first time having any issue with one. I erased the code to and it started to drive like normal, tc light turned off.
I haven’t driven it since I got back home so it hasn’t happened again but in the drive home it felt like my brakes were slightly engaged so it would take more rpm’s to accelerate and when I let off it slowed right down. Now I don’t know if it is at all related but it happened close time frame.
I could use help figuring both out. Some info is the brake master cylinder is new and the brake lines were professionally bleed recently.
Any help to either of this issues would be very helpful! ill try to answer any questions anyone has, thank you!

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d check the wheel speed sensors on the 2 front wheels. Especially since someone was just in there doing brakes. You may also have air in the brake lines / and pump, but you didn’t mention anything about the abs light, so maybe not. The speed sensors are known for getting dirty / corroded.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Like what @Sam Harris said, especially since work was just done in the area, check for wheel speed sensor problems. The dragging/brakes engaged feeling is likely transmission related caused by the code that came on. A fail safe, like a gear down, so to speak. Why was the master cylinder and brake lines replaced? You did not say.

OP
OP
V

Velocity19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’d check the wheel speed sensors on the 2 front wheels. Especially since someone was just in there doing brakes. You may also have air in the brake lines / and pump, but you didn’t mention anything about the abs light, so maybe not. The speed sensors are known for getting dirty / corroded.
There are no abs or brake lights on only light on is for an o2 sensor(before this happened). a abs or brake light never came on. TC light turned off when I cleaned the P1518 code

OP
OP
V

Velocity19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Like what @Sam Harris said, especially since work was just done in the area, check for wheel speed sensor problems. The dragging/brakes engaged feeling is likely transmission related caused by the code that came on. A fail safe, like a gear down, so to speak. Why was the master cylinder and brake lines replaced? You did not say.
brake line was bad.

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey so I’m having this issue with a Yukon I just bought, it’s a 2005 Yukon xl Denali 6.0l and just today I was driving down the road and my gas pedal went to the floor and nothing, tc light can on and I pulled over and I had the p1516 TAC module code, I’ve heard some things about this from doing some research but this is my first time having any issue with one. I erased the code to and it started to drive like normal, tc light turned off.
I haven’t driven it since I got back home so it hasn’t happened again but in the drive home it felt like my brakes were slightly engaged so it would take more rpm’s to accelerate and when I let off it slowed right down. Now I don’t know if it is at all related but it happened close time frame.
I could use help figuring both out. Some info is the brake master cylinder is new and the brake lines were professionally bleed recently.
Any help to either of this issues would be very helpful! ill try to answer any questions anyone has, thank you!
The P1516 Chevy DTC indicates a potential issue with the TAC module. This code suggests that there is a malfunction or a communication problem between the TAC module and the Engine Control Module (ECM), which is responsible for managing various engine functions.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts