Got my wife a 08 Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Your rear bumper is the same as mine on my '08 Suburban LTZ and I think mine was replaced by the previous owner because of this...

This area on your truck...
View attachment 203318

Should look like this on an LTZ...
View attachment 203319

It's a very subtle difference and hardly noticeable.

Also, it's hard to tell in the pic but, it doesn't look like you have backup sensors in the rear bumper.

My other suspicions for mine, and it looks like yours too, is the absence of the chrome strip along the black bumper pad and the fact that it doesn't have the place for the hitch cover.

I am still curious why yours has color matched side molding without the chrome at the top.

Beautiful Typhoon BTW... love those trucks... gonna own one someday.
Great eye.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Great eye.

I always thought it was kinda weird that they would go to the trouble for such a subtle difference.

Not sure what the reasoning is.

Seems counter intuitive for GM to spend the time/money to have two different bumpers that are interchangeable.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 08 LTZ did not have the chrome either. It was as loaded they come.

kbuskill

Reaction score
My 08 LTZ did not have the chrome either. It was as loaded they come.

Did you buy it new?

Does your bumper look like the one I posted where the bumper meets the wheel well???

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@kbuskill i think it also has something to do with moldings/fender flares on a z71..... dont quote me on that tho...ive seen some ltzs with quarterpanel/bumper jut out and some with out

kbuskill

Reaction score
@kbuskill i think it also has something to do with moldings/fender flares on a z71..... dont quote me on that tho...ive seen some ltzs with quarterpanel/bumper jut out and some with out

The Z71s have the big fender flares for sure but they extend down the rear bumper I believe...
rps20180713_143341_387.jpg

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you buy it new?

Does your bumper look like the one I posted where the bumper meets the wheel well???

I did buy it new. The bumper did not look like yours on the side, but like the other guys photo showing it all the way to the wheel well.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I do have the back up sensors and all that. I looked at another 08 LTZ and it didn’t have the chrome strip on the pad either

My rear bumper cover is original and doesn't have that extra angle area in it. No chrome strip on the bumper pad, either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout