Got my wife a 08 Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had been looking at trading in her 2008 Jeep Wrangler for something better as the Jeep just wasn’t a good family car and had a lot of quirks I guess you could say. We found this 2008 Tahoe about two weeks ago and finally had a chance to go check it out and we got a deal worked out and brought it home. It is a 2008 Tahoe LTZ and has everything, even the captain chairs in the rear. It has 158k miles on it but you can’t even tell. The first impressions driving it were great, everything is awesome on it and it’s very comfortable. Will be perfect for her, my daughter and our soon to be newborn daughter. I feel much more comfortable with her in this than her jeep. I know these Tahoe’s are tanks, my 01 is a trooper too. I will get some more pictures tomorrow

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the lineup in your sig. Interested in the Typhoon, Blazer, and Fiero. How do you like that Endeavor? Since meeting my GF, I've developed an appreciation for certain Mitsubishis.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
We've all seen Tahoes before.... show us pics of the Typhoon!!!... lol

BTW.... Looks like the rear bumper has been replaced on that Tahoe.... just FYI

Also curious why the side molding doesn't have chrome on the top like my '08 Burb LTZ.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NCTyphoonKid

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the lineup in your sig. Interested in the Typhoon, Blazer, and Fiero. How do you like that Endeavor? Since meeting my GF, I've developed an appreciation for certain Mitsubishis.

The endeavor was a good car we didn’t have really any issues with it. I just realized I haven’t updated my signature since the last time i was here. It was a little out of date

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You got perfect color for your Tahoe's. Both look awesome. Nice fleet you have!!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also curious why the side molding doesn't have chrome on the top like my '08 Burb LTZ.

And I’ve looked at some other Tahoe’s looked like some have the chrome and some don’t.

Mine doesn't have the chrome. I thought it was an '09+ thing. I think there's three types of molding: square-edged with no chrome (mine), round-edged with no chrome and the one with the chrome bar in it.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
What makes you think the rear bumper has been replaced? And I’ve looked at some other Tahoe’s looked like some have the chrome and some don’t.

View attachment 203302 View attachment 203303

Your rear bumper is the same as mine on my '08 Suburban LTZ and I think mine was replaced by the previous owner because of this...

This area on your truck...
rps20180713_105903_584.jpg

Should look like this on an LTZ...
rps20180713_110027_299.jpg

It's a very subtle difference and hardly noticeable.

Also, it's hard to tell in the pic but, it doesn't look like you have backup sensors in the rear bumper.

My other suspicions for mine, and it looks like yours too, is the absence of the chrome strip along the black bumper pad and the fact that it doesn't have the place for the hitch cover.

I am still curious why yours has color matched side molding without the chrome at the top.

Beautiful Typhoon BTW... love those trucks... gonna own one someday.

OP
OP
NCTyphoonKid

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your rear bumper is the same as mine on my '08 Suburban LTZ and I think mine was replaced by the previous owner because of this...

This area on your truck...
View attachment 203318

Should look like this on an LTZ...
View attachment 203319

It's a very subtle difference and hardly noticeable.

Also, it's hard to tell in the pic but, it doesn't look like you have backup sensors in the rear bumper.

My other suspicions for mine, and it looks like yours too, is the absence of the chrome strip along the black bumper pad and the fact that it doesn't have the place for the hitch cover.

I am still curious why yours has color matched side molding without the chrome at the top.

Beautiful Typhoon BTW... love those trucks... gonna own one someday.

Interesting, I do have the back up sensors and all that. I looked at another 08 LTZ and it didn’t have the chrome strip on the pad either

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic