Good news/Bad News... Tahoe Built.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChemEng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, the good news is that my order (made at the dealer on 12/27) was built last week. I got the VIN number and everything (still no delivery date though).

The bad news is not only did they delete the heated steering wheel (which i knew about) but they also deleted the parking sensors (which i didn't know about until i downloaded the window sticker):

1646666924913.png

Does "Includes Later Retrofit" mean that they will install the heated wheel and parking sensors for free when available? I could deal with no heated hands, but it would be nice to have parking sensors on such a large square vehicle.

Buffalown

Reaction score
So, the good news is that my order (made at the dealer on 12/27) was built last week. I got the VIN number and everything (still no delivery date though).

The bad news is not only did they delete the heated steering wheel (which i knew about) but they also deleted the parking sensors (which i didn't know about until i downloaded the window sticker):

View attachment 365073

Does "Includes Later Retrofit" mean that they will install the heated wheel and parking sensors for free when available? I could deal with no heated hands, but it would be nice to have parking sensors on such a large square vehicle.
My understanding is the "later retrofit" means the dealer will install the chips for those features when they become available free of charge. I'm in the same boat as you, order in December, TPW 4/11 and not feeling great about spending $68k plus tax on a vehicle that's missing things...hopefully they take care of it sooner rather than later.

OP
OP
C

ChemEng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding is the "later retrofit" means the dealer will install the chips for those features when they become available free of charge. I'm in the same boat as you, order in December, TPW 4/11 and not feeling great about spending $68k plus tax on a vehicle that's missing things...hopefully they take care of it sooner rather than later.
Heck i am over $72k for this thing before tax... unfortunately it seems like a LOT of people will be in line for heated wheels and parking sensors when they are finally available...

OP
OP
C

ChemEng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still no movement. It's been stuck in a storage lit in Arlington for 2 weeks. How long does it usually take from end of production to when it ships from the factory?

Randy2876

Reaction score

View attachment 365073

I placed my order back in November. Finally got fed up and canceled it. Partly because they are hardly building any Premiere's, partly because of G.M. pulling this kind of stunt just to get vehicles rolling out the door, but mostly from the lack of responsiveness of the dealership. They took my deposit, but won't return my phone calls or emails, refuse to tell me about their allocation status, or how many sold orders are in front of me. I can't make up my mind if I want to place the order through a different dealer, or just wait until they actually start producing them in decent numbers again.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I placed my order back in November. Finally got fed up and canceled it. Partly because they are hardly building any Premiere's, partly because of G.M. pulling this kind of stunt just to get vehicles rolling out the door, but mostly from the lack of responsiveness of the dealership. They took my deposit, but won't return my phone calls or emails, refuse to tell me about their allocation status, or how many sold orders are in front of me. I can't make up my mind if I want to place the order through a different dealer, or just wait until they actually start producing them in decent numbers again.
My dealer doesn’t tell me anything but I’ve found out through GM I have a TPW of 3/28 lol. It’s weird. The person I spoke to at GM actually said it’s frustrating that people tell them their dealer isn’t giving them info because a lot of people end up cancelling their orders when GM has accepted it. But I guess the dealers don’t care because I haven’t heard of a single one having a hard time selling these before they come in.

OP
OP
C

ChemEng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was in storage for 2 months. YMMV.
that sucks.

Every time I ask the dealer what the lead time is they say 12 weeks.

How long till my order is accepted = 12 weeks
How long until it is built = 12 weeks
How long until it ships = 12 weeks

effing annoying.

Reaction score
that sucks.

Every time I ask the dealer what the lead time is they say 12 weeks.

How long till my order is accepted = 12 weeks
How long until it is built = 12 weeks
How long until it ships = 12 weeks

effing annoying.
I know it’s sucks! Hopefully sooner than later!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GCL24