GMOS 100 Installation help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bloodynj

Reaction score
I did everything and figured it out except this part

The GMLAN29-100 comes set up for amplifi ed systems. If the vehicle is not amplifi ed disconnect the 4 pin harness
located between the 30 way and 22 way connector.
• Connect the supplied 4 pin speaker harness and connect the following:
• Connect the Violet wire to the right rear positive wire of the aftermarket radio
• Connect the Violet/Black wire to the right rear negative wire of the aftermarket radio
• Connect the Green wire to the left rear positive wire of the aftermarket radio
• Connect the Green/Black wire to the left rear negative wire of the aftermarket radio

I have 2011 tahoe with bose sound. Im assuming its amplified. so do I have to follow the steps above? the instructions doesnt clear up if these steps are for non-amplified or all installations.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Bose means it is amplified and yes you have to follow the above steps.

OP
OP
B

bloodynj

Reaction score
Bose means it is amplified and yes you have to follow the above steps.

I have 2 4 pin cables. 1 with stripped wires and the other one is is 1 end going to the 30 pin and the other side connected to the harness that is connected to the old car harness.

would it make sense to disconnect this harness that is connected between the 30 way connector and connect the one with stripped wires (wire them as directed with the above steps)

thanks for replying to all my topics btw you have been a great help.
also Nice ride you got there.

groundscr8pr

flaccid member
Reaction score
lol sounds like you should have taken my advice from 6 threads ago! your truck is def amped!! follow all directions for an amped install. the steps you posted above are for non amped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghostknight