GMC weather mats/cargo liner install ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sanman28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had more of the sticky Velcro it would work I think.

sanman28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am using this now. Seems to work.

Attachments

• 65E3AF5C-1F25-4740-8256-9C671D91BE58.jpeg
    65E3AF5C-1F25-4740-8256-9C671D91BE58.jpeg
    281.9 KB · Views: 26

Iub4pu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having this problem with my Tahoe cargo liner. It's incredibly frustrating - the velcro doesn't even come close to sticking. absolutely terrible design, not sure how I'm going to fix it. Also I agree with the comments that the liners feel very cheap in general. Disappointing considering how high end everything else feels in the truck.
Had same problem. Someone above mentioned installing snaps. I bought the exact ones mentioned in this thread. Worked perfectly. Here are photos of them installed. Works great!

F8215635-3F08-4F8F-974F-335616DCB0CA.jpegC0516F1D-7E41-4B8B-ABA8-5DEC4E09E3AA.jpegD0799010-A050-42CC-A3A2-8A7722561FB9.jpegF8215635-3F08-4F8F-974F-335616DCB0CA.jpeg

Iub4pu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just installed my new liner a week ago and no problems so far. I do plan to add additional velcro becasue I've heard the factory pieces don't stick well to the carpet. The entire liner feels cheap and crappy the same as the fasteners. This part was a fail by GM and is not nearly as nice as the ones Toyota makes. I'm not brave enough to drill into my seat to install those snaps linked above and I also don't see how the other part of the snap would fasten to the bottom of the liner, but if anyone tries it plz post back results.
See my post below in this thread. Snaps were not hard to install at all. Now I can remove and snap in place in a matter of seconds without the sticky glue substance used on the Velcro which won’t hold up well with heat and cold weather.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Does anyone else have the concern that if you drill holes into the normal cargo trunk area (when all seats are upright) and also into the back of third row seats to apply these snaps and this cargo liner....god forbid you have something laying on those mats that leaks wont the liquid will likely find its way into the snap area and ********* into the holes you drilled, leaving you with liquid inside your 3rd row seat back and into that storage compartment that lifts up underneath the normal cargo trunk area?

Also just in general - won't drilling holes into any part of your interior waive any type of warranty the car offers?

Kiel9x19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone else has issues with the cargo liner velcro sticking to the soft carpet material on the back of the rear seats? Mine won't stick ...

https://accessories.gmc.com/product/integrated-cargo-liner-in-jet-black-with-gmc-logo-84986196?year=2021&make=GMC&model=Yukon&modelId=558&body=Sport Utility&bodyId=11&wheelId=534&trim=Denali&trimId=577&drive=RWD&driveId=7& I bought a set from dealership for my 21 Denali. They never stick, they’re always falling off!
Mines never stick either. They always fall off!!! Almost immediately after putting them in as instructed, the pieces would not stick to the material. Either the side that sticks to the back of the seat keeps falling off, or the side that sticks to the back of the plastic falls off. Pretty frustrating, spent a pretty penny to order these from the dealership. Not to mention they’re supposedly made for a 80k vehicle!

Kiel9x19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone else have the concern that if you drill holes into the normal cargo trunk area (when all seats are upright) and also into the back of third row seats to apply these snaps and this cargo liner....god forbid you have something laying on those mats that leaks wont the liquid will likely find its way into the snap area and ********* into the holes you drilled, leaving you with liquid inside your 3rd row seat back and into that storage compartment that lifts up underneath the normal cargo trunk area?

Also just in general - won't drilling holes into any part of your interior waive any type of warranty the car offers?
Definitely would not recommend drilling into your car. Nor the seats or the cargo floor

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely would not recommend drilling into your car. Nor the seats or the cargo floor
I would only recommend snaps for the seat backs, not the floor. The floor isn't near as big of a problem. No liquid issue with the seat backs. A tiny hole in fuzzy carpet would never be seen even if snap was removed, which it won't be because it just works....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh