GMC weather mats/cargo liner install ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree! I tried glue and 3M double sided tape; no-go. So I then drilled a hole in the 3rd row mats and connected them with black zip ties. Works well, stays attached and "somewhat" blends in.
Would you mind posting a picture of what you did?

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you mind posting a picture of what you did?

I just made sure they were aligned perfect, drilled the holes and installed the zip tie. Stays together great.

Attachments

• 20210909_201507.jpg
    20210909_201507.jpg
    671 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just made sure they were aligned perfect, drilled the holes and installed the zip tie. Stays together great.
Thanks for sharing. I was thinking you had done this for the cargo area and the mats that don’t stay attached to back of the 3rd row. I do have same issue in third row so will do this as well. I am going to look this weekend and see if anything could be done for cargo area and possibly attaching to the bars in the headrest. Need to see how that would work though with seats going up and down.

sroldan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's my setup with the Husky Liners for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rows with the GM Liner in the cargo area. I added some double sided carpet tape to hold it a little better in place but I'm still not satisfied with the result.
What do you have for entertainment setup?

like2detail

Reaction score
I had 4 kids in the Yukon for a hockey road trip yesterday and the 3rd row mats were everywhere. Performed the zip tie mod this am, FANTASTIC idea. Just drilled two small holes for each zip tie and made sure they were in a spot to get through both mats. Thanks!

IMG_5750.jpgIMG_5751.jpg

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to do the zip tie for the 3rd row today. I did drill small holes in the cargo liner that attaches to the back of the 3rd row and put zip ties around the headrest. I am going to get some more Velcro and hope that between the two of those it will work well. It works with zip ties on small seat but the corner of the bigger one will still fall off because I didn’t have zip tie on the right edge given distance from headrest. Not perfect but better than constantly falling off.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 4 kids in the Yukon for a hockey road trip yesterday and the 3rd row mats were everywhere. Performed the zip tie mod this am, FANTASTIC idea. Just drilled two small holes for each zip tie and made sure they were in a spot to get through both mats. Thanks!

View attachment 350742View attachment 350743
Your welcome and yours looks great! I wish I would have made my holes closer together like yours, looks cleaner. I'm thinking about putting one in the second row as well. The mats like to come apart just a little at the center console.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking fwd to your feed back when you get these in
Just installed my Canvasback 2 days ago. It looks really good, but I thought it was going to attach differently (I didn't read the statement below). From watching the install video, I assumed it would attach with the velcro to the factory carpet. However, it attaches via self-adhesive velcro strips. I see this being an issue down the road with hot interior temps, etc. It does look factory (will add pics later) and should hold up well for my purpose. The light weight should help with it staying attached to the seat backs. I'll report back after some long road trips.

"NOTE: Regular Velcro hook does not grab the carpet in the car. We send out self-adhesive loop Velcro to act as good carpeting. When you apply the loop Velcro, really press firmly into the carpeting of your car so it has a nice stick (it won't hurt the carpet if you pull it up). The back of the 2nd seats are also covered. Please notate in drop down if you have the bench or captains 2nd seats."

Attachments

• 20211001_082441.jpg
    20211001_082441.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 20210930_151836.jpg
    20210930_151836.jpg
    412.6 KB · Views: 70

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518