Mud Flaps and Power Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corren

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

gary645

Reaction score
My dealer says the GM mud flaps do not work with the Denali power running boards. On my earlier Denali I used Husky Liner mud flaps but they are not yet available. Hope they are soon because the front mud flaps really do protect the running boards.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the running board couldn't be physically removed and shortened a few inches in the front and then say be re capped off, so they would clear the factory flaps. Someone who has the power boards now should take a serious look to see if this would be feasible or not. There is no substitute for the painted factory flaps...

Jsenky

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the running board couldn't be physically removed and shortened a few inches in the front and then say be re capped off, so they would clear the factory flaps. Someone who has the power boards now should take a serious look to see if this would be feasible or not. There is no substitute for the painted factory flaps...

i can’t understand why they would just smhave shortened the running boards 1” and made then work with the power boards. Its not like i will need running boards in front of the side view mirrors.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that they aren’t compatible... i went from stock to power steps and they line up to my fender exactly the same

Disregard this comment... I didn’t realize the mud flaps go over the running boards

Last edited:

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score

this is facing the front of the car. Even if you tried to cut it. You’re talking precision cuts on the plastic and chrome... also the red line, I don’t recall if the end cap even goes down or across the entire board.. I’d have to look at it later

B14EB003-3F9B-4E43-B08E-351D00109A25.jpeg

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is facing the front of the car. Even if you tried to cut it. You’re talking precision cuts on the plastic and chrome... also the red line, I don’t recall if the end cap even goes down or across the entire board.. I’d have to look at it later

View attachment 263366

Well I think they could be cut accurately with a Miter saw and a fine blade. The question is if there is a plug in in the end that could be removed and replaced if you could take an inch or 2 off of the long tubular part of the board. It may not be that easy. Highly don't understand why they wouldn't allow for this....

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I think they could be cut accurately with a Miter saw and a fine blade. The question is if there is a plug in in the end that could be removed and replaced if you could take an inch or 2 off of the long tubular part of the board. It may not be that easy. Highly don't understand why they wouldn't allow for this....
Snapped these pics this morning. Definitely looks like the caps come off. But now it’s getting close to that wire harness? However I won’t be cutting my boards to find out lol.

CC4C1D5A-4850-4C63-8461-4D24D7E48DBD.jpeg 3C5D17AD-DEEC-4E25-A6BB-70752A988ED7.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645