GMC hybrid satisfied/unsatisfied users/any major techinical issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dear All,

I am plannign to buy a 2009 Tahoe Hybrid, that should go into production in August, and have it delivered to my country end of september.

I am trying to get a poll count on how many satisfied/unsatisfied GMC Tahoe/Yukon/ Escalade hybrid owners are in this forum pls.
If anybody had a major issue with one of the above models please post vehicle model and year of manufacture and the problem.
and if the problem was permenantly resolved or not yet.

And if you are a satisfied owner with no problems, pls do post your vote.

Major problems such as,
1.Vehicle won't start for several time within a short period of time.
2. Brake issues: vehicle won't stop when hitting the breaks.
3. any other major manufacturer problem.

You help is highly appreciated

looking forward to hearing from you

Thanks in advance.

ventu71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I own a 2007 chevy tahoe with the 5.3L LY5 engine 4 speed. two weeks ago, while passing an 18 wheeler I had to floor it and the engine broke down: piston #7 broke according to the dealer, damaging most moving components, so I need to replace the engine and I no longer have warranty. I must admit that I like to drive it hard and it has a volant cai, headers, corsa exhaust and a superchips tune, so my driving habits sure had something to do with it, however in my opinion, this engine should be fine within the rpm limit which is 6000 rpm and I didnt even exceed 5400. Otherwise Im very happy with the truck and Im looking forward to replacing the engine and have my baby back asap. Hope this is an isolted case, and I hope this helps.

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
I own a 2007 chevy tahoe with the 5.3L LY5 engine 4 speed. two weeks ago, while passing an 18 wheeler I had to floor it and the engine broke down: piston #7 broke according to the dealer, damaging most moving components, so I need to replace the engine and I no longer have warranty. I must admit that I like to drive it hard and it has a volant cai, headers, corsa exhaust and a superchips tune, so my driving habits sure had something to do with it, however in my opinion, this engine should be fine within the rpm limit which is 6000 rpm and I didnt even exceed 5400. Otherwise Im very happy with the truck and Im looking forward to replacing the engine and have my baby back asap. Hope this is an isolted case, and I hope this helps.
I think he wanted to know about people w/ the hybrid. But i will post my 5.3 experience. I have a 2007 Yukon That is approaching 60,000 miles w/no problems and it was a previous rental so you know it got the piss beaten out of it.

rdstrattan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an '08 Tahoe Hybrid 2-mode with 88,000 mies purchased as it came off lease 2 years ago. I tow a vintage Chevy on an open trailer with no problems. 20-22 mpg not towing, 14 mpg towing. Love the hybrid part, dissapointed in quality and design of rest of Tahoe compared to my old '93 Suburban. A door lock doesn't work, had to replace top front ball joints and a wheel bearing (actually a $500 hub).

One thing to watch as age approaches 5 years, the 12 volt accessory battery fails just as it does in a conventional car. The fancy on-board diagnostice won't warn you, but some day it won't start and through all sorts of wierd diagnostic warning messages. Just replace the 12 volt battery and all will be well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879