GM/Brembo Performance brakes - thoughts + pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reporting back, yep, absolutely more brake dust.
I've personally never worried about brake dust, sometimes superior results require a little more work.
Thanks for the report... Yea, I mean its basically science. Not much you can do about it.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do make more dust than stock; however, these don't have super aggressive pads like say a CTS-V or Camaro. My SS 6 pistons make significantly more dust than the ones on my truck.

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Big Brake package on my 2015 Denali. Word of warning. No one told me this when I ordered them or after having them installed. Your spare tire will not fit Over the Brembos . GM answer, (I found out the hard way! ) is to do a 2 tire change if the flat is in the front. So they even put out a service notice. Swap out the rear tire 1st with spare and take back tire to replace the front flat. I tried putting a 20in spare underneath but won’t fit as it’s molded for an 18. 20in is the smallest rim to fit over them. If I had known this not sure if I would have gotten them. Just a word of warning!
Same with the Jeep GC SRT. I never had a flat on mine but if I had one on the front I would have had to do the same thing.

MBTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wanted to post something positive after not liking the GM perf. exhaust, overrated and a pass imo.

The Brembo brakes on the other hand, BUY them if you like pedal feel or are coming from a German car. I feel everything they quote in the release - 42% larger, 16.1 rotors, 84 percent increase in brake pad area, 31 percent reduction in pedal force and 12 percent reduction in pedal. Imo, well worth the money.

For me, I felt the stock brake pedal was mushy, especially on hard braking - how hard do I need to push to get some feedback or get it to stop? They never gave me confidence.

When bedding the rotors/pads today, they actually overpowered the tires and locked them up a little which is the feeling I would prefer. The stock brakes could never overpower the tires which is sad because the tires are made for a mileage goal and road noise (imo), thus not the stickiest compound available. The downside to the brakes, now I want to show them off and look for a new tire/wheel combo. Very happy with this addition. Yes, they are expensive but it is something I felt the first time I pressed the brake pedal.
Nice!! Did you buy the front ones only or both sets front and back?

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a used 5JL kit today. Has anyone used Stoptech SS lines with them?

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No experience with the Stoptech SS brake lines, but I’m sure they’re fine. Wilwood also makes a SS Brake line kit.

In my experience SS brake lines can really have a positive impact on pedal feel and brake response. Even when added to stock brakes.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered some Stoptech SS lines. Once those get in I'll work on the install.

OP
OP
O

Oaktree

Reaction score
Nice!! Did you buy the front ones only or both sets front and back?
Both BUT one of the rears had a chip in the electronic brake module. I need to go back for install on those.