GM ACCEPTED ORDER?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my situation with a question - Order placed 3/31 - Yukon XL SLE 4x4 w/ DMax and front row bench seating - no other options.

I got my order number earlier this week and tried the GMC chat. I was very clearly chatting with a bot and when I told it my order number it said "Your order has been submitted by your dealer but has not officially been accepted by GM at this time."

Knowing that Thursday seems to be the day constraints and allocations get communicated to the dealer, I thought I'd try one more time. This time I tried on my iPhone and it setup a text message thread where I can can communicate with GMC. I got a response back from "Danielle" and she said "I was able to verify that your order has been accepted. There is currently no ETA for the start of production."

My dealer has been great, I don't want to bug them this soon in the process, but it seems like I went from 1100 to 2000 within this last week? Has anyone else been told by GM chat that their order was "accepted", but turns out that just meant they were at 1100 status?

rws1987

Reaction score
Here's my situation with a question - Order placed 3/31 - Yukon XL SLE 4x4 w/ DMax and front row bench seating - no other options.

I got my order number earlier this week and tried the GMC chat. I was very clearly chatting with a bot and when I told it my order number it said "Your order has been submitted by your dealer but has not officially been accepted by GM at this time."

Knowing that Thursday seems to be the day constraints and allocations get communicated to the dealer, I thought I'd try one more time. This time I tried on my iPhone and it setup a text message thread where I can can communicate with GMC. I got a response back from "Danielle" and she said "I was able to verify that your order has been accepted. There is currently no ETA for the start of production."

My dealer has been great, I don't want to bug them this soon in the process, but it seems like I went from 1100 to 2000 within this last week? Has anyone else been told by GM chat that their order was "accepted", but turns out that just meant they were at 1100 status?
Yes! I have been told that by GM chat, when really I'm still at 1100 (since 12/16/21). Do not trust the GM chat when it comes to differentiating between 1100 and 2000.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes! I have been told that by GM chat, when really I'm still at 1100 (since 12/16/21). Do not trust the GM chat when it comes to differentiating between 1100 and 2000.
Yep - I've now learned that GM chat will tell you your order has been accepted, when actually you are still at 1100 status. When looking at what those codes mean, 1100 is preliminary accepted and 2000 is GM accepted. Poor planning to call both of those stages "accepted."

jlapenna415

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How is everyone figuring out the status of there builds, I finally got my order number. I placed my order on Feb 25,22 for z71 tahoe

Rradford45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is everyone figuring out the status of there builds, I finally got my order number. I placed my order on Feb 25,22 for z71 tahoe
Go to the Chevrolet website. On the right side at the bottom there is the chat bubble thing. You can ask there. They usually ask you your Order number and name. It will tell you when it gets accepted. Then it will tell you your TPW. I checked every week. Sometimes more.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
If you have an order number, I suggest you ask Linton23 on GM insider.

He can verify

ccfdad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep - I've now learned that GM chat will tell you your order has been accepted, when actually you are still at 1100 status. When looking at what those codes mean, 1100 is preliminary accepted and 2000 is GM accepted. Poor planning to call both of those stages "accepted."
I just checked on the chat for my Yukon Denali order status. The response that came back: “your vehicle has been excepted by General Motors and is moving toward the production process”. Does anyone have any experience with how long it takes between this status and delivery?

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
I just checked on the chat for my Yukon Denali order status. The response that came back: “your vehicle has been excepted by General Motors and is moving toward the production process”. Does anyone have any experience with how long it takes between this status and delivery?

Ask your dealer for the TPW. After that, depending on your location, 8-12 weeks for arrival to dealer

Nrol

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So new to all this but sounds like a have a similar experience incase anyone has any updates or advice. Ordered my 22 Yukon Denali two weeks ago and dealer has been really vague other than taking the order and to expect it sometime August/ Sept. Ordered based on current constraint list at the time which was base Denali + Running boards + pano roof because they said that was the only way to get one this year. Messaged the GMC chat and the lady was very helpful and said the order was accepted by GMC today. Any idea where to find the constraint list someone mentioned that gives rough TPW?
Completely understand the waiting game and I ended up paying 5k under MSRP so no complaints here just pumped to see it moving forward!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645