GM ACCEPTED ORDER?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stacy1024

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On Jan 22, I ordered a 2022 Z71 Summit White, Luxury Package with pano sunroof. Was told could be a month until GM picked up the order, then saw that both Z71 and panoramic sunroof's have been on the constraint list for the last two weeks. Just checked my status via the chevy web chat and got "Your vehicle order has been accepted by General Motors and is moving toward the production process." When I've checked prior to today it would say "Your order has been submitted by your dealer but has not officially been accepted by GM at this time."

What does this mean?? My dealer has not said anything to be about it being picked up by GM. Can it be picked up and then have no TPW?

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you know what week it was accepted Check out the weekly constraint lists on this site. The top of each report will have a TPW near the top. Most likely that will be your week. Generally from acceptance to TPW is 3 weeks

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On Jan 22, I ordered a 2022 Z71 Summit White, Luxury Package with pano sunroof. Was told could be a month until GM picked up the order, then saw that both Z71 and panoramic sunroof's have been on the constraint list for the last two weeks. Just checked my status via the chevy web chat and got "Your vehicle order has been accepted by General Motors and is moving toward the production process." When I've checked prior to today it would say "Your order has been submitted by your dealer but has not officially been accepted by GM at this time."

What does this mean?? My dealer has not said anything to be about it being picked up by GM. Can it be picked up and then have no TPW?
Went from code 1100 to 2000 Accepted by GM. Means they have the parts necessary for your order and your just waiting on the TPW now. That’s what I got today on my new Silverado was 2000 code.

OP
OP
S

stacy1024

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you know what week it was accepted Check out the weekly constraint lists on this site. The top of each report will have a TPW near the top. Most likely that will be your week. Generally from acceptance to TPW is 3 weeks
Yea my dealer said it was just accepted today so I will look!
What is the normal timeframe from production week to delivery?

OP
OP
S

stacy1024

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Went from code 1100 to 2000 Accepted by GM. Means they have the parts necessary for your order and your just waiting on the TPW now. That’s what I got today on my new Silverado was 2000 code.
Where do you see your code?

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Production to delivery varies a lot. If it is not held at a storage yard for retrofitting of chips and goes to rail yard 3 weeks is average

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was lucky to get a TPW of 1/24, and since then both GM and my dealer confirmed it was built (I saw the window sticker with my order # on it). However, I still do not have my new Tahoe yet. I've been told "soon", which is close to the 3 week average. I'm in Chicago area.

AgentOrange86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wait. 3 weeks from production to delivery?? Really??
Negative. My dealer called me yesterday and said my Z71 was accepted with a TPW of March 7th. Delivery from that point is can be very random. I've seen people on this forum get theirs a week later and some other posters have stated their Z71 was sitting in a railyard for a month.

My dealer also confirmed they have no control of the delivery schedule and any delays that might arise in the transfer process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts