GMC CHAT ON WEBSITE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon4me

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just curious, how accurate is it when you "chat" on gmc.com and put in your order number to check your order status on your vehicle order? My order has been submitted by my dealer, but not accepted yet by GM is all I getting. I am 10 weeks in since we submitted our order at dealership.

OP
OP
Y

Yukon4me

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Accurate but may be a day behind. Sounds like your dealer doesn't have the allocation yet.
I will inquire about the allocation! I was told wait time, 2-3 months before it might be ready! Thanks for the info!

FostyPine23

Reaction score
I will inquire about the allocation! I was told wait time, 2-3 months before it might be ready! Thanks for the info!

Definitely inquire about the allocation. The allocation is for certain packages etc and for yukon itself. Allocations update for the dealer every 2 weeks I think. It's based on previous year metrics.

If the dealer has the allocation they then go to GMC to see if they have any constraints in the packages within that allocation. If no constraints the allocation is then used and your order is accepted by GMC. This is how I understand it to work. After that you'll see an update on the website chat...

23_Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also on the chat type speak to a person and this will get you an actual person instead of the automated response. Once you have the person ask for the status code. From there look that up on here for the most accurate status.

OP
OP
Y

Yukon4me

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, 15 weeks in...and nothing! My order has not been accepted by GM yet. I am starting to think I am SOL. I have contacted my dealer to see if I need to be concerned or WTH is going on w/ my order. I have been looking around to see if there are any available locally, that are not already spoken for; even though we did put money down when we placed the order in April! In one of my conversations y/day with another dealer, I was told they are not taking any more allocations for the 2023's! Not sure if that is accurate or not, but this sucks!

FostyPine23

Reaction score
So, 15 weeks in...and nothing! My order has not been accepted by GM yet. I am starting to think I am SOL. I have contacted my dealer to see if I need to be concerned or WTH is going on w/ my order. I have been looking around to see if there are any available locally, that are not already spoken for; even though we did put money down when we placed the order in April! In one of my conversations y/day with another dealer, I was told they are not taking any more allocations for the 2023's! Not sure if that is accurate or not, but this sucks!

I feel your pain. I submitted my order the 1st week of February this year. I'm calling next week to see what my options are if any and any the '24

NothEastTahoe

Reaction score
I ordered locally sometime near the end of May, I have a TPW of Aug 7th, dealer guesses I will have it by first week of Sept.

I asked after a month what he thought a timeline would be and if 24' model would be an option. He said they won't start production of those until November so I would get a 23' basically no matter what. There must be a long list at your dealers, I was 2-3 behind when I ordered and this is about as SMALL as a dealer gets. Might want to reach out to others around you.

OP
OP
Y

Yukon4me

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered locally sometime near the end of May, I have a TPW of Aug 7th, dealer guesses I will have it by first week of Sept.

I asked after a month what he thought a timeline would be and if 24' model would be an option. He said they won't start production of those until November so I would get a 23' basically no matter what. There must be a long list at your dealers, I was 2-3 behind when I ordered and this is about as SMALL as a dealer gets. Might want to reach out to others around you.
Thanks! I reached out Saturday to inquire what was going on. The mgr said he would reach out to the REP at GM and see about my order. He did tell me it had been accepted. He said he would call me today and let me know. I will ask if the factory has accepted yet and I will ask do they have an allocation for it! What he could see there was NO constraints on my order, but he can't see but so much. Based on this phone call, I will make my decision. I did reach out to another dealer, not toooo far away, and he does have an allocation and he will use it for me..! Although, I would have to start all over, est 10 weeks. This guy was so explanatory and so willing to help! so...today is the day!!

NothEastTahoe

Reaction score
Thanks! I reached out Saturday to inquire what was going on. The mgr said he would reach out to the REP at GM and see about my order. He did tell me it had been accepted. He said he would call me today and let me know. I will ask if the factory has accepted yet and I will ask do they have an allocation for it! What he could see there was NO constraints on my order, but he can't see but so much. Based on this phone call, I will make my decision. I did reach out to another dealer, not toooo far away, and he does have an allocation and he will use it for me..! Although, I would have to start all over, est 10 weeks. This guy was so explanatory and so willing to help! so...today is the day!!
10 weeks is better than never, and good luck! Hopefully the original order works out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz