GM ACCEPTED ORDER?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they sit for a month, it is at a holding yard due to missing parts. If it goes to the rail yard you are much better off. Go to palsapp.com to see where it was trucked to.

OP
OP
S

stacy1024

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Negative. My dealer called me yesterday and said my Z71 was accepted with a TPW of March 7th. Delivery from that point is can be very random. I've seen people on this forum get theirs a week later and some other posters have stated their Z71 was sitting in a railyard for a month.

My dealer also confirmed they have no control of the delivery schedule and any delays that might arise in the transfer process.
Wonder why TPWs are so different when our orders were accepted by GM on the same day. Mine is April 4

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as far as the odd but common TPWs - had a Ram 3500 ordered, expected build date was 1/17 (as were quite a few other known trucks - another forum has a listing of almost 1000 users' trucks broken down by order date/estimated build date/actual build date/window sticker/delivered date and a few other points along the way)

several users that had the same build date actually saw progress within a day or two of the initial build date - mine slid almost 2 weeks until i saw any changes

I'd expect GM is similar - probably don't have vehicles slotted for every business day, probably slot them into a batch that corresponds to 2/3 week possible timeframe. Imagine that most of the TPWs issued are a Monday so maybe its just sometime that week

Anh L

Reaction score
Guys, do you know how long between code 3000 and 3300 ? ( my order at 3000 with no TPW), thanks

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 36

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
  • 2500, Order preferenced (This means that the Order has been moved to the stage that parts department is now ready to place the orders for the components that will become your car)
  • 3000, Order accepted by production control (This is the response from production to your 2500 status and is when Parts are actually ordered. No further changes can be made to your order once you reach this point.) TPW usually now known.
  • 3100, Order available to sequence (This is more or less an inter-office memo from Parts to Production saying all parts are committed to this build, they are clear to sequence them for the build.)
  • 3300, Order scheduled for production (This is the response to the 3100 status where Production is cleared to sequence and schedule the build).
  • 3400, Order broadcast (This is when the order is actually loaded onto the production line computers and parts are being staged for the build)
  • 3800, Order produced (The vehicle is completed and has rolled off the line. A Vin is now available.)
  • 4000, Available to ship (Vehicle is off the line and available to ship)
  • 4104, Bailment Invoice (Shipping documents generated)
  • 4150, Original Invoice Generated
  • 4200, Shipped (Moved or in process of moving to another location by transport company, see 4300)
  • 4300, Intermediate Delivery (In combination with a 4200 this is saying that the vehicle has been transported to a vendor, upfitter or some other staging area (overflow lot, off-site rail ramp etc)
  • 4B00, Bayed by the shipper (listed anytime a vehicle is sitting parked waiting for next mode of transportation.)
  • 4D00, Bayed for Quality Control Inspection (Unknown Time frame)
  • 4800, Rail Ramp Unload (unloaded from the rail car and parked waiting to be delivered to dealer)
  • 5000, Delivered to the dealer
  • 6000, Delivered to customer

You have better chances of picking winning lottery numbers than to know for sure when your vehicle will ship. When you combine the QC issues with geographical delivery of vehicles (at the lowest possible cost so they need to aggregate deliveries - and they don't not use a first in first out methodology), this can be the most frustrating part of the whole SRE journey. There is no transparency to actual data. There is just generic codes and sometimes the whisper from "someone in the know". Your vehicle may ship quickly, it may not. It will likely take longer the more rural you are and the lower the volume of cars your dealer sells.

Last edited:

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yukon SLT
premium package
MTP
removed RSE
Pearl Beige Metallic
Jet Black interior
22" wheels
Probably the 22” wheels holding it up now. What wheels did u want? Cuz on my new truck there’s only 1 option

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900