Gibson Dual Sport Exhaust

Which exhaust do you like on the Tahoe best?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TorqueToSpec

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of comparison videos for Borla, Corsa, etc. but not many people have posted videos of the Gibson Dual Sport. I picked one up for about $550-$600 on sale a few months ago and love it.

My only complaint is that it took some modification by the guy who installed it and I think the tips sit a little lopsided as a result. As far as the sound.... it's great! It is nice and throaty without being obnoxious and it really opens it up at WOT.

I am posting a quick video of a cold start I took a little earlier in case it helps anyone's decision making process. Excuse the puff at startup. The truck has been sitting for a few days and I had recently treated with Sea Foam.

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on that video clip the Gibson certainly does sound the part....

How is it in the cabin? Any drone?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id have to vote for Gibson and flowmaster for sound and borla for fitment. i did the gibson dual sport on my 97 tahoe with some shorty headers. it sounded amazing but the fitment could have been alot better. ive always loved the flowmaster sound but the last couple flowmaster kits i installed were terrible fitment.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in my experiences, if one wants quiet with better flow (possibly) gibson was always the lowest sound but larger diameter. today, most of the factory exhausts flow rather well, just need some sound

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like my Gibson Extreme cat-back dual exhaust, with one 5" exhaust tip on either side of the truck, but it is louder than most folks would prefer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645