Genius Way To Mount Battery Tender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not an all bad idea, although I would hesitate to put it in the inner fender as there is a lot of crap that gets there esp depending on location ( I am in Michigan and thinking snow/ice/salt/mud)

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
not an all bad idea, although I would hesitate to put it in the inner fender as there is a lot of crap that gets there esp depending on location ( I am in Michigan and thinking snow/ice/salt/mud)

Agreed...I got to thinking about that after I posted as I live in northern MN. I’m trying to think of a better location for us snow men (and women).

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
That's a really nice setup. I have long considered doing this for some of my other less driven vehicles especially my ATVs. To lazy I guess lol.

I hear you. I’ve got a bunch of projects lined up (including this now) and my laziness always seems to supersede my willingness to do the work. Haha!

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Yeah, i need something like that for the Vette, boat, and the Hoe.
Vette and the boat would be the best since they don't get used as often.
The vette has a pretty bad parasitic draw (by design apparently lol).

Wonder where he got the little flappy plug thing

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Id put it on the front like a block heater. That way if I forget it it will just unplug.

Thought about that, but then i would have a dangly male plug connected either to my battery or tender...
Plug thing looks slick.
Would make the most sense to have plugged directly into the bumper or something....

*Thinking out loud*
Then again, i sometimes back into the driveway.... lol

Hmm, the back bumper it is!
It's going to be a long cord... :hahano:

qcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this in the passenger wheel well below and forward of the battery so cable routing was short. Took about 20 minutes. Since we work at home, sometimes the Suburban sits for over a week, and with all the cameras and stuff charging inside, it can run down the battery. I used to pop the hood and connect the tender, but I couldn’t remote start with the hood open.

63A69869-4FFF-43F8-88A2-DC85059AC898.jpeg8AE9B5DC-D4DE-4D91-BF06-FB33B878A0EF.jpegE60E46AA-0B08-4B23-9915-918FDB1F0A45.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually just have the tender AC cord hanging out the front on my bagged 08 in the winter when I don’t drive it all the time. I have thought about adding one of those plugs but never got around to it. Now thanks to this thread I ordered one of those GCP1 inlet plugs off Amazon so it will at least be here waiting to be installed. Probably never get done. :lol2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat