Gas smell 2022 Tahoe inside the cabin.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zimmerroe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Gas smell in cabin, dealership said no documents on this on what should be fixed or how to much time to charge for a replace - what to do? 60k miles- I am about to pass out !

thingraylinetahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had this happen on a 2015 suburban I bought and it wound up costing 1400 for a new tank, straps, bolts, and fuel pump as the top of the fuel pump and tank had become so corroded that it wouldn't allow much gas to go in and what it did allow it leaked it back out and smelled in the cabin.

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Potential danger (fumes? ignite?) comes to mind. In any case, I would want a fix and wouldn't this kind of thing be under warranty for a 2022?

Donnation

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this happen on a 2015 suburban I bought and it wound up costing 1400 for a new tank, straps, bolts, and fuel pump as the top of the fuel pump and tank had become so corroded that it wouldn't allow much gas to go in and what it did allow it leaked it back out and smelled in the cabin.

Had the exact same thing in a 2016 Tahoe. I test drove it and didn't notice the smeall (it had clearly been deodorized by the dealer). Upon the first week of driving it the gas smell became overwhleming. Took it to the dealer and they identified the same issue with the fuel pump. I ended up returning the vehicle (I was within their 7 day return window). They quoted me over $2000 to fix it and there was no way I was paying that after just purchasing the vehicle. They refused to cover the cost until I notified them of their return policy, and then they were all too happy to cover it. Pissed me off though so I returned it anyway and bought elsewhere.

It worked out though, got a Yukon instead at another dealer and it served me well for 5 years without a single issue.

OP
OP
Z

zimmerroe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure what happened to my last post.
Going in for round 2 to the dealer to figure this out. At 60k miles they say it’s not under warranty. On my earlier visit they could not find the issue so they got me with a $300 hvac system Oder remover but couldn’t smell it. Now I have gotten with the service manager and let’s see what they come up with this next visit. I won’t stop here if nothing is doing to prevent the gas smell entering the cabin. Over the holidays it was like a hay ride- all windows down so I wouldn’t pass out. This is really becoming a safety and health issue. Any advise

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo