Gas prices making anyone reconsider?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh?

I get some folks are visual learners… so here you go:

View attachment 365472

Discussions on this matter have been going on for some time. Im just stating the facts from owners I know and this debate down below. Don’t shoot the messenger just remember the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

So how is the regen braking any different than using the brakes, as far as tires go? Slowing the vehicle is slowing the vehicle and the point of contact is the same on either side, the tires and the road. Common sense (imo). Also, like I said, if regen is what concerns you, you can turn it down or off on some/all of them. Tire wear is something I hear people complain about on the Tesla forums. Those same people have never had a performance oriented tire in their life so of course it's not going to last as long as what came on their accord. 20k miles seems about average. My buddies zl1 didn't get that but maybe it's because the brembos, idk. Or maybe it's because the 564 rwhp it's making and he chews through them on pulls. It takes a lot of tire to get that 0-60 and those folks show it off whenever they can. That's certainly not extending the longevity of the tires.

Alas, I could be wrong. It's entirely possible that motor braking causes excessive wear on tires.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just filled our onsite gas tank with 300 gallons of regular so price is "locked in" for us for the time being
i'm locked in on price for the next 4,000 gallons premium fuel at 5.65-5.75sh prices are 6.15 for premium, Prices are not going lower don't expect relief because of the trillions and trillions printed,, also the Reserve status is going away as the Banksters said him self....

don't forget to pump up the tyres to 42psi 10% free mpg

Last edited:

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how is the regen braking any different than using the brakes, as far as tires go? Slowing the vehicle is slowing the vehicle and the point of contact is the same on either side, the tires and the road. Common sense (imo). Also, like I said, if regen is what concerns you, you can turn it down or off on some/all of them. Tire wear is something I hear people complain about on the Tesla forums. Those same people have never had a performance oriented tire in their life so of course it's not going to last as long as what came on their accord. 20k miles seems about average. My buddies zl1 didn't get that but maybe it's because the brembos, idk. Or maybe it's because the 564 rwhp it's making and he chews through them on pulls. It takes a lot of tire to get that 0-60 and those folks show it off whenever they can. That's certainly not extending the longevity of the tires.

Alas, I could be wrong. It's entirely possible that motor braking causes excessive wear on tires.
i have not notice any abnormal wear to the rear tires

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do wonder what this will do to the out of control used car market one would have to think those prices will come back in line with reality…it does make me consider waiting a bit longer to see if I can get a 21 at a reasonable used price over the summer but with my current 22 order having a TPW of 4/11 I guess I’d have to make that decision soon
they will sell for any amount they could get i have money waiting for the "sale"

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Since I am here now in Paradise, Ca. and with my cousin, she has a 3.5L 4 door Tacoma short bed that gets way better mpg than I do, although, on my trip down here, 403 miles, I was impressed on my fuel mileage on the highway. 17.5 mpg. In town, it sucks and I just paid $6.19 a gallon for the mid grade plus Chevron fuel. When we finally get to our final destination, Warrensburg, Mo., the fuel is cheaper there and we are both retired now. If we want to drive somewhere we will but staying home or around her kids and grandkids will be something we will do a lot of and save as best we can on driving. I just sunk alot of money in my 2005 Z71, check out my build thread, and it runs like a champ and I will keep it. Her vehicle is also paid for. At this point in our lives, we have each other and will just close out our lives as best as we can.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want a Tesla because they are freaking awesome. The gas thing will be a bonus. Hoping I don't have to replace any of the vehicles anytime soon. They're all paid for and no payment is a nice change
Bingo on paid for. I haven’t had a payment in years. That’s going a long way to help absorb short term increases.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh?

I get some folks are visual learners… so here you go:

View attachment 365472

Discussions on this matter have been going on for some time. Im just stating the facts from owners I know and this debate down below. Don’t shoot the messenger just remember the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

It appears as if most people doubt that theory.

What's more likely to contribute to poor tire wear is an alignment issue or the fact that EVs tend to be heavier than their ICE vehicles.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Us having both vehicles paid off and in such good condition, is also a plus when considering the offset of the higher fuel costs and not having to make a monthly payment.

gregus733

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently filled up my 5.3 Suburban at $6.20 a gallon. It was painful. But, I need this vehicle since I ride with my wife, 2 German Shepherd dogs and food, water, clothes, laptops, etc to my cabin. I live and work remote half of the time at my cabin in Nevada City in tech work. My wife works remote at a Pharmaceutical company.

If I wanted to save a buck, I suppose that I could get a minivan or something more economical. But I get occasional snow and like having a 4x4 and something that can tow a boat. Cannot find a better solution than the Suburban for my needs.

I cannot complain too much as my sister in law filled up her suv in Paris, France and rounded out to be about $8 per gallon.

Last edited:

Cryptocap

Reaction score
I cannot complain too much as my sister in law filled up her suv in Paris, France and rounded out to be about $8 per gallon.
That is about normal for Europe too. Even a few years when I was there it was much higher than the states.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinoTahoe