G4s on the way. Hope I get a good set!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmzvet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The supplier said most people that have trouble with "HyperFlash" have after
market electronic mods such as subs, HIDs, and sound systems that affect the electrical system. Blowing smoke up my ...? I didn't ask about condensation or anything else.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
market electronic mods such as subs, HIDs, and sound systems that affect the electrical system. Blowing smoke up my ...? I didn't ask about condensation or anything else.

Yeah, I'd say that's nonsense. Yes, he's probably right about people having aftermarket stuff, but I don't think he's right about that having anything to do with the lights hyper flashing.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

lol bunch of nonsense.

My all my lights on my truck are still bone stock and one set still hyper flashed.

It's just the luck of the draw with the G4s ... hopefully I got all the bad sets out of the way so everyone else will be fine. :)

OP
OP
jmzvet

jmzvet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will I know right away if they are bad or do they hyper flash intermittently?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. don't even mount them ... just unplug the harness under the bumper and plug into the new ones, set them on a towel on the ground and test them. If they hyperflash they will do two regular blinks and then flash at double speed.

sellech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Should I do this with the G5's that I just received? I planned on installing the appliques, esky 3rd light, and G5's this weekend.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not chaz ... it takes a couple of minutes to test them.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, the ebay sellers aren't the issue ... if there is a defective light it'll be the manufacturer.

I must note however that so far as I've noticed the issue is predominantly on the G4s, so I'm sure you'll be fine. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zrjo

Latest posts