Funny, yet real.. (2012 PPV review)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I totally get half of what he says, the other half, I haven't tested..(I don't have a PPV, but most of it applies)
I remember reading that and thought he needed more time behind the wheel and then come back to us. Then spend a few tours in an exploder and compare the two!

Love the title!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I can't stand Stabilitrak and other systems trying to drive for me. I turn it off before performing some, umm... "testing maneuvers". But it turns itself back on mid-maneuver, nearly causing loss of control. I've driven a few 6L80 vehicles and can feel the bogging and lugging from the ill-timed upshifts as I read his descriptions. My old work van had a 6-speed that I manually shifted to eliminate that. My new one has the atrocious 10-speed so now I have almost twice the amount of gears to cycle through when trying to get it to downshift.

OP
OP
mikez71

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't compare, nothings perfect and I still love my Tahoe!

But I have been working or thinking about half those issues..

Headrests, installed 3rd row for 1&2.
AFM and shift schedules, tuned out or up.
Auto door locks and lights, dimmer completely off, AutoSync!

Slow auto-dimmer, steering wheel position, dead pedal, may or may not figure out..
Also want different windshield washer nozzles that will let me spray the entire windshield instead of dragging dirt across.

/endgripes

OP
OP
mikez71

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I can't stand Stabilitrak and other systems trying to drive for me. I turn it off before performing some, umm... "testing maneuvers". But it turns itself back on mid-maneuver, nearly causing loss of control. I've driven a few 6L80 vehicles and can feel the bogging and lugging from the ill-timed upshifts as I read his descriptions. My old work van had a 6-speed that I manually shifted to eliminate that. My new one has the atrocious 10-speed so now I have almost twice the amount of gears to cycle through when trying to get it to downshift.
I've read stabilitrac will turn back on over 35mph.. thought about wiring a relay so when in Auto 4WD the abs fuse could be connected, but disconnected for 2WD and 4WD. Haven't done the testing or experienced the need yet..

Regarding the shift schedules, HPTuners was worth it for me to fix that, (I imagine one of the aftermarket tunes would do it too)
When I bought the truck, I told my lady I won't be modifying it, but then I noticed these issues, and can't not try..

My head hurts after looking at the 6 gears with 5 and 6 having their own table (gotta have 3 windows open looking at cells across all of them.. 3 more windows for TCC, more windows if comparing to original tune) I would hate to try and setup 10 gears!

About that rear wiper.. Is it the issue of window being dirty or another issue?
I've been liking this hitch cargo mount, wonder if I should leave it on and if it will keep the window from getting so dirty.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read stabilitrac will turn back on over 35mph.. thought about wiring a relay so when in Auto 4WD the abs fuse could be connected, but disconnected for 2WD and 4WD. Haven't done the testing or experienced the need yet..

Regarding the shift schedules, HPTuners was worth it for me to fix that, (I imagine one of the aftermarket tunes would do it too)
When I bought the truck, I told my lady I won't be modifying it, but then I noticed these issues, and can't not try..

My head hurts after looking at the 6 gears with 5 and 6 having their own table (gotta have 3 windows open looking at cells across all of them.. 3 more windows for TCC, more windows if comparing to original tune) I would hate to try and setup 10 gears!

About that rear wiper.. Is it the issue of window being dirty or another issue?
I've been liking this hitch cargo mount, wonder if I should leave it on and if it will keep the window from getting so dirty.

There's a sharp turn I sometimes throttle steer through. I could take it at 60 MPH in my slammed S10 Xtreme. So far, I'm just over 50 MPH in the Tahoe. Considering the weight and all, that's really good. The tires are pretty predictable.

Mine's an '08, so it has the 4L60. It's tuned with HPT and is way better than the stock programming. Still needs a little work with TCC engagement, though. The 6L definitely needs help for drivability and durability. My latest work van is a 2020 Transit with the GM+Ford 10-speed. It has already had the trans replaced at 80K miles. The tuning killed it and is now working on killing the new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan