Full time fogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's simple.

use a diode from the DRL relay
and a diode from the low beam relay

just like you did on your HI-6

drls will then trigger the fog relay
and so wil low beams
and so will highs

but turning off the lights & drls from the switch will turn them off.

I would suggest running the 3 diodes into a single wire of course.
When I did my hi8 I did them using 20 ga wire on both sides of the diode(s), and tinned the ends of the wires 'flat' so they would tuck nicely.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chip

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's simple.

use a diode from the DRL relay
and a diode from the low beam relay

just like you did on your HI-6

drls will then trigger the fog relay
and so wil low beams
and so will highs

but turning off the lights & drls from the switch will turn them off.

I would suggest running the 3 diodes into a single wire of course.
When I did my hi8 I did them using 20 ga wire on both sides of the diode(s), and tinned the ends of the wires 'flat' so they would tuck nicely.

Thanks Guys! This ^^ is exactly the information I was looking for! Do you know which posts to jump? When I did my 4-hi, I hard wired it, so I don't know which posts are which. Should I just jump 30 to 30, or what? Thanks in advance Eagle!

Dismay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking to do this exact mod (2001 Yukon), can you give me some more details as far as relay locations, etc. Did you go from the drl and low beam relay (with diodes) to the wire inside behind the fog lamp switch (which is used to do the fog -parking light mod), or is the fog lamp relay under the hood, so I don't need to fish wires through the firewall. Chip, how did you do yours? Which posts on the relays did you use. Thanks!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thathighlife7