Front bowtie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

revbuilder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My front bowtie gold has flaked on the very bottom from the car wash, what is involved in removing just the emblem out of the grill? What is underneath the gold?

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Can this be covered under warranty?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't done it yet, but apparently there are two posts on the back of it, some tape/glue, and two speed nuts that you'll have to undo (from behind the grille) before pulling it off. Taking off the gold bow tie should reveal the chrome bow tie outline at the grille, as well as two holes where the posts go through the grille.

This is all assuming that you have an '07+.

4x4play

Reaction score
the gold is a foil behind the clear of the bow tie. Could come off with some work, but easier to paint the whole thing.

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why are you painting it i snapped my gold emblem off and its blk under neath there. made my hoe look crazy n the front ppl ask if i painted it but i say no it's custom ;)

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are some pic of just snapping te gold emblem off its just blk underneath

Attachments

• DSC01052.jpg
    DSC01052.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC00734.jpg
    DSC00734.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC01067.jpg
    DSC01067.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 69

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you wont ruin anything i just pushed a butterknife throught the side where the gold and the blk suurrounding meets( look close to the emblem you'll understand better) and it just snapped off it's a lil bite of glue holding it!! the bac is NOT e same i just spray painted it blk looks crazy to me and did a bang up job if i do say so muyself lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tired_One