Free Travel Modification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Finally got around to removing the factory bumpstop bracket on my truck and damn it was a pain in the ass. Here is the factory configuration:

DSC00078.jpg

With bumpstop cut out via sawzall

DSC00086.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

Bit of grinding and elbow grease

DSC00090.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

Final product with rubberized undercoating

DSC00094.jpg

I am now able to drop the pressure in my helper bags to 2 or 3 psi and the truck rides just like it did stock. I plan to add a pair of lower profile bumpstops at some point though the bags do an excellent job of stopping the travel. Kind of a pain in the ass to do the mod but completely worth the effort.

rockymt21

wing addict
Reaction score
So does this allow the suspension to travel a further distance under compression? What part of the truck actually comes in contact with the bumpstop?

goozdenali

Banned - Bad dealings with members
Reaction score
its definitly worth it especially when its free!!! i noticed in the pic that you have a custom link on your upper control arm, is that being of any use since your not using the factory air ride shocks.

OP
OP
M

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Those are shortened links I had back when the autoride still worked. I didn't put any bumpstops on since I'm running the helper bags, I'll just have to remove them later when it's bagged anyway.

goozdenali

Reaction score
whats your plan with bagging the rear, im working on mine this week. i know u always got something up your sleeve

OP
OP
M

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Buddy is hooking me air ride tech kit that I'm gonna modify. I'm gonna call Bill at Fox for some black/chrome non-resi shocks at all four corners and run this digital interface for the bags:

dakdigi.jpg

Haven't decided on compressors I'm leaning toward an EDC even though I'm just bagging the rear. Probably a 5 gal tank and plumb a quick connect in case I want to use some air tools.

goozdenali

Reaction score
HAHAHA your a freak!!!! just like i said, always got something up your sleeve

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

i got first dibs on your billsteins

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Damn Max I though you been done this mod!
So your gonna run Fox's in all four corners, gonna be unique on a lowered truck. Sounds like GMFS type of stuff.

OP
OP
M

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Foxes are the shit! I've been running their stuff on cars/trucks for years they're just expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2