Free Travel Modification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I know they're the shit, funny thing is I though about running them in the rear or my Tahoe when I was in the market for shocks but thn they weretoo expensive and I would not be able to show them off because the truck is too low lol.
I would do 5100s though if I was still shopping, comparable and cheaper alternative...

OP
OP
M

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
The problem with 5100s is they don't make any short enough for my truck. I love the bilsteins but even the HDs I'm running are a bit too long. Even with a hook up I'm still gonna drop $600 on shocks.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Screw $600, I was thinking no way I will spend over $300 for all four thats whay I went Bilstein HD and Belltech SP.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah you prob. can RT, I saw that Raptor at InsideLine, looks hot in its own way.
BTW, Max where are the dust shields that should be on the Bilsteins?

OP
OP
M

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I don't run boots on any of my shocks, they look buster :imo:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah they look buster when its the soft squueeze crap, mine are hard plastic that don't compress and shit and I prefer them anyday

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My free travel mod...

Suspension1.jpg

Max, how were you not ON your bumpstops? Before I did this mod, I was laying ON my factory bumpstops. I cut the bumpstops off, then I was laying ON my bracket. SO when I cut my bracket off, I now have about an inch before I hit my frame...

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
No idea, it didn't ride too bad with the helper bags at 5~psi and it may have sat on the lower profile stops but I honestly never checked. Rear sits at 31.5" now on the 30.5" tires with about 3 or 4psi in the bags. I think the bilsteins are too long now so belltech street performance will make their way onto the back once I get the other pair of cams to install on my ucas. Half temped just to build some bag brackets and weld it up this 5"-5.5" drop is NOT cutting it anymore.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Half temped just to build some bag brackets and weld it up this 5"-5.5" drop is NOT cutting it anymore.

I've got something in the works too... I feel the same way...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727