Free Travel Modification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes unfortunately it's a lot easier to just cut it flush with the frame. It's a lot harder then it looks to cut the piece you're removing without getting into the frame then smoothing out the frame. A lot of work but worth every bit of it.

that's what i figured. i'll need to do this with the 5" drop i'm planning on. not really looking forward to cutting it out but i'm told i should.

OP
OP
M

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
No worries. Looks like I'll have a c-notch writeup coming soon for the guys wanting 6"+ of drop out back.

Richi5280

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2/3 drop on my yukon but I think it gave me closer to a 4in drop in the rear and I bottom out. I never put on the shock extenders or the spacers that come with tonys springs. If I was to install the shock extenders and those 1in spacers on the rear coils would that help any? I would love to do the free travel mod but just don't have the tools and probably skill needed to do it.

OP
OP
M

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Do the shock extensions and spacers, should ride better. I'd honestly do the free travel mod on ANY lowered nbs yukon/tahoe.

Richi5280

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the shock extenders but didn't do the spacers should be doing it soon

26slate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im removing my bump stops this week on my nbs and using tb coil with chopped dead coils looking to bring it down 5.5 in. are u guys using trailing arm re locators?

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im removing my bump stops this week on my nbs and using tb coil with chopped dead coils looking to bring it down 5.5 in. are u guys using trailing arm re locators?

i have the ART air bag kit and also did the free travel mod, but no relocation kit. i do have hotchkis sway bars and links and shorter shocks. no issues with out the relocation kit \

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission