Found a 12.1 android head unit that incorporates HVAC factory system controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
fastscirocco

fastscirocco

Reaction score
Any idea how well the screen does in broad daylight? Wash out? I've been casually searching about this (original) 13" Android 10 system and a few follow-up videos say the screen is bad in the day time. But is the screen the same on the original as it is on this updated version?
I have not yet purchased one. I would HIGHLY recommend joining the Facebook Page I listed earlier for the developer who has improved the software, there are lots of great bits of info there.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many members on this site have upgraded their radios to one of these Android based units? The screen size and resolution is very attractive.

The Phoenix automotive ones seem promising and pretty easy to install from some of their videos online. I'm not really sure I want to have the larger screen that integrates the HVAC controls, but it seems the smaller 10.4" (?) screen units aren't as popular and don't have as many newer versions available; ie only up to Android 9, 10, or 11.

There are mixed reviews online for maintaining factory features and functionality, and a lot of junk available on Amazon etc. that I'd rather stay away from.

On the fence on going this route or picking up a Kenwood head unit.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many members on this site have upgraded their radios to one of these Android based units? The screen size and resolution is very attractive.

The Phoenix automotive ones seem promising and pretty easy to install from some of their videos online. I'm not really sure I want to have the larger screen that integrates the HVAC controls, but it seems the smaller 10.4" (?) screen units aren't as popular and don't have as many newer versions available; ie only up to Android 9, 10, or 11.

There are mixed reviews online for maintaining factory features and functionality, and a lot of junk available on Amazon etc. that I'd rather stay away from.

On the fence on going this route or picking up a Kenwood head unit.
I’d say the members who have gone this route are in this thread, for the most part. There’s nobody else that I’ve heard of. So, only a few.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros