Fosscore's 2013 Suburban LTZ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called Cognito Motorsports in California and spoke to Natalie who was super helpful in finding the part even though there is no part number. It is only listed as
POLY-BUSHING-1.5-SWAYBAR so it took us a moment to locate what I needed. At one point, we dropped a part in the cart and it was the end links, which is what I was finding on my initial searches.

Another random site had it labelled as

Cognito Sway Bar Frame Mount Bushing - 2001-Up HD

Anyways the 2 bushings have been ordered and should be here whenever UPS Ground gets here from California. Hopefully they are the correct size.
great to hear, i have needed some obscure parts from their lift kits on several occasions and theyve always came thru.
when i needed upper control arms i knew exactly where i was getting them, certainly couldve found some cheaper but figured i would support a company that still delivers customer service

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great to hear, i have needed some obscure parts from their lift kits on several occasions and theyve always came thru.
when i needed upper control arms i knew exactly where i was getting them, certainly couldve found some cheaper but figured i would support a company that still delivers customer service
Copy that. Parts were $20 and shipping a touch more. It the correct part will be worth it.

Especially as wallowed out as that bushing is.

Thx @randeez

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Copy that. Parts were $20 and shipping a touch more. It the correct part will be worth it.

Especially as wallowed out as that bushing is.

Thx @randeez

If whatever combination you end up with has too tall of a bushing, the bracket can be shimmed with thick washers or spacers if you wanna fabricobble. My bar upgrade came with bushings but was to use the original brackets. The bushings were taller, so they splayed out when the brackets were tightened:

img_3943-jpg.jpg

I added some Grade 8 washers to both sides and it was then a perfect fit:

img_3947-jpg.jpg

The washers were replaced later by some aluminum spacers @89Suburban made for me when he had to make some for his new bushings. They're T-shaped and extend inward to fill the void and touch the bushing:

img_4362-jpg.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If whatever combination you end up with has too tall of a bushing, the bracket can be shimmed with thick washers or spacers if you wanna fabricobble. My bar upgrade came with bushings but was to use the original brackets. The bushings were taller, so they splayed out when the brackets were tightened:

View attachment 407946

View attachment 407947

The washers were replaced later by some aluminum spacers @89Suburban made for me when he had to make some for his new bushings. They're T-shaped and extend inward to fill the void and touch the bushing:

View attachment 407948
That @biff feller is useful from time to time :party33:

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 407946

View attachment 407947

View attachment 407948
Thx @iamdub for the insight and options herein. Nice T spacers too.

Key words are "fabricobble" "iamdubricate" aka fabricate. Your level of Type A and beyond is commendable.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks beautiful! The rupes machines are beasts! I have one and it was hands down the best money spent on a polisher. I just had to pull my porter cable out of retirement in the garage. Well not really retirement jsut been using my little torq baby polisher. But it died last night while I was polishing up my glass to put a fresh glass ceramic coating on. Of course it would throw up a brush from the side while I’m working on my truck…. At least I was in my garage and the porter cable as handy lol. My protest cable is 12 years old now and still works like a champ.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As good as it looks I believe its time to talk the wifey into a wheel upgrade.
@adventurenali92
Has the Mac daddy with the Rupes machine which would be great.

For now I am happy with the Porter Cable.

And especially the Rupes polishes and pads. Color coordinated for dummies.

IMG_2758.jpegIMG_2759.jpeg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 407946

View attachment 407947

View attachment 407948
Just to have a little of my labor and tinkering being a small piece of a part of that legend makes me happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076

Latest posts