Fosscore's 2013 Suburban LTZ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Foss buddy wuts up, truck looking clean like always …
Take a black sharpie to the recirc button for now until you put the sticker on. I used it for the radio dial in my work truck and it’s actually been holding up surprisingly well. Put some on, let it dry then lightly hit it again….
If ya want
Hey man I'm here keeping the truck clean in between rains. lol

Yeah I used the fat Sharpie to hit the edges on the fan switches before applying the stickers with the stickers. Gotta find a fine line sharpie, but alas the teenagers move stuff, hoard it, forget about it....you know the drill. And they are soon to get their permits. Maybe I'll just forget about that too? :crazy:

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know how the light shines through the decal at night

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know how the light shines through the decal at night
Sticker overlays look pretty good. Touched up the recirc button @PG01 and the edges of the fan buttons by the chrome bezel too. That angle seems to show some tiny bits of bleed through at the most extreme edges, but barely noticeable at normal viewing angle without the phone set low on the console directly in front.

Got my ride or die 12 gauge in the shotgun seat taking it all in for the ride home tonight. She was loving the wind in her muzzle. @BADRIDES IMG_2691.jpegIMG_2692.jpeg

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These options turned up on the door step.

Blue is Moog K7383 from Amazon $9.99.
Red is Suspension Dudes from Amazon $17.99.

Cognito sway bar is 1.31 inches in diameter which converts to 33mm. Both materials look and feel to be exactly the same, just a different color.
Red is faster, but Blue was cheaper. Will see if any different fit once the old pieces come out.

Time to get these installed and take care of the clunking in the rear end over the bumps. Let's hope this solves the issue.

IMG_2686.jpegIMG_2687.jpeg

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the sway bar bushings swap out was a bust this morning. The Cognito sway bar 210-90266 is an oversized bar (1.31"/33mm diameter). The bushings inner diameter is 33mm and matches the Moog parts I ordered. The Cognito bushing is 66mm top to bottom and 52mm with the bumps on the end that fit the bracket perfectly. The Moog bushing is 52mm tall and 57mm wide. The Cognito bushing sure is wallowed out, hence why all the clanking underneath going over the bumps. Butttt...the height of the actual bracket and bushings are quite different and not interchangeable. The Moog bushing is too short.

I have found some universal Energy Suspension 33mm greaseable and adjustable brackets that might be able to do the job. They will fit the bar and fit the bolt holes, but the problem may be the offset of the bar and hence why Cognito has the taller brackets and bushings? The shorter bushings even with its own bracket may not be tall enough. See drawings with measurements. I might order them in and see if they will work, but I'm thinking the shorter bushing and bracket combo may not be able to lock into place and bolt securely with that 5mm differential as there is a tiny bit of wiggle room on the sway bar and end links, but 5mm is quite a lot to force it to fit. Thoughts?

I might also contact Cognito in California to see if they have any replacement bushings as I have been unable to find any exact Cognito bushings and/or bracket combos in my searches online.

I put the used bushings back in until I can get some new parts in. Here are some pics.

Any other thoughts that I may be missing, shoot them over.

IMG_2712.jpegIMG_2703.jpegIMG_2706.jpegIMG_2704.jpeg

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the measurement drawings. Good thing I grabbed the Harbor Freight 10mm super pack. The bushing bracket bolts are 10mm. Can't have too many options under the truck. :thumbsup:

IMG_2716.jpegIMG_2715.jpegIMG_2714.jpegIMG_2709.jpegIMG_2708.jpeg

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you called cognito?
theyve actually been really helpful over the phone from my experience. trying to search/buy individual parts online was a pita though as every vendor just types in year/make/model and says nope thats not available! and im like no shit i can google as well

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you called cognito?
theyve actually been really helpful over the phone from my experience. trying to search/buy individual parts online was a pita though as every vendor just types in year/make/model and says nope thats not available! and im like no shit i can google as well
Thx @randeez. Yeah I am planning on giving Cognito a call when California wakes up.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called Cognito Motorsports in California and spoke to Natalie who was super helpful in finding the part even though there is no part number. It is only listed as
POLY-BUSHING-1.5-SWAYBAR so it took us a moment to locate what I needed. At one point, we dropped a part in the cart and it was the end links, which is what I was finding on my initial searches.

Another random site had it labelled as

Cognito Sway Bar Frame Mount Bushing - 2001-Up HD

Anyways the 2 bushings have been ordered and should be here whenever UPS Ground gets here from California. Hopefully they are the correct size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz