Fosscore's 2013 Suburban LTZ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear sway bar bushing and bracket, not pulled up to the axle pad. Solved today at the shop as noted above. It is now flush, tight and backed with nuts on top. And no more noise coming from underneath going over bumps.
IMG_3416.jpeg

Those bolts for the sway bar bushing brackets x 4, are Multi-Purpose Bolt or Stabilizer Bar Bolt.
GM (11518294). Roughly $5 per bolt.

Image 10-9-23 at 22.18.jpeg

Some detail pics.
IMG_3401.jpegIMG_3404.jpegIMG_3396.jpeg

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bit of travel for work to end 2023 and only thing big that got down was a new battery and 175 amp fuse installed by my mechanic buddy. Never fails, I leave town and the wife calls that the truck won’t start. They tried to jump it, but toasted the 175 amp fuse.

I texted him for a new battery (and requested 2 x 175 amp fuses to have one spare in the glove box in case this happens again). He brought the battery over after work one night. He lives just the next neighborhood over. He installed it and the fuse and the big girl fired right up. He tested the alternator as well. Damn those Interstate batteries are not cheap! But then again warranty and through his shop, like the tires, it’s a no brainer when anything goes wrong.

The kids kept knocking off the RES buttons on the center console facing the captain’s chairs, so I took them off. I found 2 chrome bezel knobs from an Escalade in the junk yard that fit tighter and tie in the chrome door handles. Just something different and a little touch. Someone did knock it off one day, but likely one of the 5 teenagers (12-18 yrs old) we had with us for 2 weeks. Our good friends from AUS came to visit for 2 weeks so we put some mileage and fuel into both rides carting them around to different South Florida things to do. Gun range (remember no guns Down Under - see here for the application info if you want one -

Miami, Sawgrass airboat ride, shopping, Panthers hockey game, beach, shopping, etc…busy 2 weeks. Sent them packing on the 27th.

My mom was with us from November - January before the Aussies came. We have been busy with guests. 9 big bodies in the house and 5 hungry hungry teenagers eating for volume, not actually tasting the food was a mission. BBQ often and big pots of food, cards and games. Was great to see them. The wives have been best friends for over 35 years!

Buick been behaving other than some niggly warranty cosmetic items to get sorted before that date ends in April 2024. Replaced a key fob battery. Currently at 26000 miles. Took 2 months for the first parts to come in and ordered a few more while I was there on the warranty. Going back in this week for the new parts to be installed. Will see if anything else is on the list since GM still covers it.

Speaker/vent cover on the dash and window appliqués are peeling from behind. Service guy laughed and said yep they all do it. Whatever the film is behind seems to peel away. So will just get them done while on warranty then figure out what to do with it later. Leave it (uggh), pull them off and vinyl wrap or paint them? Not a big deal but annoying.

Went to change the rear wiper blade (should have been a simple task, but I could not get the blade to release and push down to get it unhooked. Pulled the arm off the spindle and applied “too much pressure” and snapped the part in half where the blade slides in. Fuggghh!! Looked online and most were of course “out of stock”.

Asked for warranty and he said no, because it was obvious that is was forced, etc…and said he could order one for about $80. I said no thanks and told the wife that we now have a rear window wiper deleted on the Buick for the time being. Just Rain X’d the windows up really well. It looks good, just like the emblem delete as nobody knows what it is unless you see the front badge or wheel center caps. Flying under the radar. Could be a Mazda or a Maserati? Hahah there is a Ferrari and Maserati dealer not far from us, so I see them every day. My Aussie mate is in finance and does high end vehicles including a recent Lamborghini that his kids got go for a spin in. He says, "Maserati is a poor man's Ferrari, albeit still expensive. Lolol when you can shame $150k cars....

Gotta love only $50 to fill up the Buick and does pretty well around town at 20mph in 2 wheel drive mode. The wife loves it! Smaller, agile and easier to park and negotiate the tight car parks. My daughter is driving on her permit and the Suburban is a bit intimidation for her, but she still will drive with me. The wife can still roll the long body pretty proficiently though. It sure came in handy with 7 big bodies piled in there to go around town. My mate especially liked the Black Widow start and growl during acceleration. Sure let me stomp on it for you!

He’s got a Ford Ranger and Kia Sorrento as they have no need for a big ride like that, but they would be fine with it, just the roads are small and fuel is pretty pricey too. My mom mentioned to me that I probably didn’t need a truck that big anymore. I said, perhaps, but it is running strong, maintained well and I know everything about it. Even the annoying little paint chips, etc…So why go buy something else and somebody else’s lack of maintenance and care….you know the drill!!

She’s rolling strong at 86000 now. Both vehicles are mid oil change and tire rotation cycle. They get the 1-2x weekly washes or morning wipe downs lol when no rain and kept clean so what more could you ask for right now? There is an old boy across the way from me that cleans his as much as I do mine.

So I'm not the only clean freak in the neighborhood!

Just a few pics from around town.

Makes the NNBS look sort of small, but I was more admiring the lower stance. That Dodge has some serious rust going on around the wheels wells and frame.
IMG_4783.jpeg

IMG_4758.jpeg

My buddy's shop truck. Still rocking the black LTZ wheels I originally purchased for the NBS and sold them to him for the shop truck.
IMG_4755.jpeg

Chrome trim RES knobs.
IMG_5149.jpeg

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When is the wifey gonna let you upgrade to some 22's?
Buddy was going to let his 22” Snowflakes go when turning his leased Suburban in,,,,buuut he bought it outright and that freebie deal was off the table. Grrrr….

So still on the wish list. Thx for the push. lol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts