Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad just picked up a new 2020 Sierra 1500 Denali. He is loving that 6.2L (stepped up from a Sierra 1500 5.3L), power running boards, new Multipro tail gate, C bar headlights (I pointed out to him that Sierra was by the amber so he would see the detail lol nerd alert), head up display. Looks like his color is Dark Sky Metallic based on his description. He doesn't get into the details like we do lol...but the old man is riding in style.

IMG_1049.JPG

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My dad just picked up a new 2020 Sierra 1500 Denali. He is loving that 6.2L (stepped up from a Sierra 1500 5.3L), power running boards, new Multipro tail gate, C bar headlights (I pointed out to him that Sierra was by the amber so he would see the detail lol nerd alert), head up display. Looks like his color is Dark Sky Metallic based on his description. He doesn't get into the details like we do lol...but the old man is riding in style.

View attachment 232300
Nice.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5/16 x 1 stainless steel carriage bolts from Lowes.

3 coats of primer, top coat and clear coat.

What do you guys think? Better with color matched carriage bolts that fit in that square cut out perfectly or without?
Thx @BADRIDES

No bolts, square holes are visible.
fullsizeoutput_830d.jpeg

Bolts installed and color matched.fullsizeoutput_830a.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
5/16 x 1 stainless steel carriage bolts from Lowes.

3 coats of primer, top coat and clear coat.

What do you guys think? Better with color matched carriage bolts that fit in that square cut out perfectly or without?
Thx @BADRIDES

No bolts, square holes are visible.
View attachment 232383

Bolts installed and color matched.View attachment 232382
I think it looks good. 1 of those small details that no one will notice except for a TYF member :D

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumper bolts installed. Good and bad things about the carriage bolts and the square cut outs on the bumper. A little slop in the square hole and how much of the square part of the bolt that sits through the bumper itself. I tried nylon nuts and lock washers with regular nuts. There was still a tiny gap that would not secure it to the bumper.

Off to the miscellaneous screws/bolts box. Found a nylon washer to put on the back of the bumper that had a big enough hole to fit over the square of the carriage bolt and eat up the gap, then another smaller washer and nut to secure it tight. Voila!

So the small detail color match project is
completed.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My junkyard findings, yielded 2 Escalade shifter handles that were very cheap. Both are in pretty good shape other than one of the leather handles is pretty beat up. I figured one would be a good fit and a spare for so cheap wasn't worth passing up.

Perfect plug, wire, stalk and handle. I gave them a solid APC clean and was able to use a razor blade to peel the chrome off the one handle end that was already peeling off. It is literally just chrome tape FYI, just in case I wanted to paint it.

I decided to give the NBS Escalade shifter handle swap out a go. Hold your NNBS comments. lol I know, it's different and I wanted to see how it looked with an NBS Escalade shifter and be a direct wiring harnesses swap. As well as keeping it in the NBS tradition and be a bit different. Why not? It's only an LS with some Escalade parts for show, ammaright?

The tow/haul ass light works and I am pretty happy with how it looks. The chrome end ring is not too bad and picks up a bit off the stereo trim. The stalk looks great and the leather handle has a tiny bit of wear, but after a solid cleaning and Lexol conditioning, it feels great in the hand.

Pretty happy with this little touch to the interior.

oNV4X4bXRwehT%x%hlddPw.jpg YTc0nkrVSU2i%6rFNVAZgA.jpg
cFikS4BnROqokJvaiIQeug.jpg Ah7OlCYaQZC6SjdSdvr43Q.jpg vLUGBpgHSCSFAMkNv0tQ7g.jpg

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Wish I had just welded my plate holes when I was painting it. Oh well. Bolts definitely look better than open square holes that’s for sure

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My junkyard findings, yielded 2 Escalade shifter handles that were very cheap. Both are in pretty good shape other than one of the leather handles is pretty beat up. I figured one would be a good fit and a spare for so cheap wasn't worth passing up.

Perfect plug, wire, stalk and handle. I gave them a solid APC clean and was able to use a razor blade to peel the chrome off the one handle end that was already peeling off. It is literally just chrome tape FYI, just in case I wanted to paint it.

I decided to give the NBS Escalade shifter handle swap out a go. Hold your NNBS comments. lol I know, it's different and I wanted to see how it looked with an NBS Escalade shifter and be a direct wiring harnesses swap. As well as keeping it in the NBS tradition and be a bit different. Why not? It's only an LS with some Escalade parts for show, ammaright?

The tow/haul ass light works and I am pretty happy with how it looks. The chrome end ring is not too bad and picks up a bit off the stereo trim. The stalk looks great and the leather handle has a tiny bit of wear, but after a solid cleaning and Lexol conditioning, it feels great in the hand.

Pretty happy with this little touch to the interior.

View attachment 232404 View attachment 232405
View attachment 232407 View attachment 232408 View attachment 232409
Nice, tasteful little mod.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amendez