Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! My truck does just fine and sounds pretty good too. Especially with the
BB tune. :)
I forget Foss you have any significant performance mods other than the tune? I never felt like my big ol caddy was slow but always wanted to do the tune.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My daughter told me last night that she's too old for me to tuck her in at night (she's 15 so I had a good run). I'm still in shock and haven't accepted it yet. Tahoe looks great, man.

Yikes!! I’ve still got some time
My daughter told me last night that she's too old for me to tuck her in at night (she's 15 so I had a good run). I'm still in shock and haven't accepted it yet. Tahoe looks great, man.

Ouch!! I'm taking in every minute I can. She turns 11 soon and my boy just turned 13. Funny I was talking with my boy last night about the paintball birthday party he had just come from and I fell asleep on his bed with him after watching a Disney movie with my daughter and wife. Happiest man on the planet last night, right there in the moment nothing else mattered.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forget Foss you have any significant performance mods other than the tune? I never felt like my big ol caddy was slow but always wanted to do the tune.

Only the BB tune on both trucks and what a difference it makes. The NNBS will get up and go with the downshift and can actually chirp the tires sometimes. The NBS will go too, just in a different way. 4.8, 24s and the gears as well are impediments, but the tune compensates very well. Both are super fun to drive when you mash the pedal!! And MPGs suffer, especially around town a lot. lol

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to get this for my work truck. Damn CA. How difficult is it to get?

We got a separate letter stating why we needed the exemption and the application form signed by my wife's dermatologist. Sent the form and small fee to the DMV in Tallahassee and they actually turned it around very quickly. I have a form for each truck with both of our names that exempt us from the tint laws on all windows. Sits with the registration and insurance in the glove box.

Here is the Florida form.
https://www.flhsmv.gov/pdf/forms/83390.pdf

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So turns out I had a dead battery. Took it back to Pep Boys this morning. They hooked it up to the charger and nothing. She played with the cables again and nothing. Dead as a doornail. Gave me a new one and on my way.

Battery back in the Tahoe and instant start up numerous times. 48 months replacement, not pro rated. Still have 3 years left. Odd it died after 10 months and it was unhooked for 2 months this summer. Who knows with the Florida summer tropical heat.

Checked all the grounds and made sure the side post cables were as tight as they could go without stripping them out. Put a little dielectric grease on the connection and will watch it for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elepere