Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So turns out I had a dead battery. Took it back to Pep Boys this morning. They hooked it up to the charger and nothing. She played with the cables again and nothing. Dead as a doornail. Gave me a new one and on my way.

Battery back in the Tahoe and instant start up numerous times. 48 months replacement, not pro rated. Still have 3 years left. Odd it died after 10 months and it was unhooked for 2 months this summer. Who knows with the Florida summer tropical heat.

Checked all the grounds and made sure the side post cables were as tight as they could go without stripping them out. Put a little dielectric grease on the connection and will watch it for now.
O'Reilly is the same with their batteries and their warranties. That's why I always by from them (we don't have Pep Boys)

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O'Reilly is the same with their batteries and their warranties. That's why I always by from them (we don't have Pep Boys)

Yessir. Sounds good. Went with Pep Boys the the time with gift card and sale. Manager in the store is super nice, put the new battery in the shopping trolley and sent me on my way. Win!!

Working like a charm today.

Waiting on the rain and wind as that tropical storm brews again off the Bahamas. Grrrr...

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yessir. Sounds good. Went with Pep Boys the the time with gift card and sale. Manager in the store is super nice, put the new battery in the shopping trolley and sent me on my way. Win!!

Working like a charm today.

Waiting on the rain and wind as that tropical storm brews again off the Bahamas. Grrrr...
Sounds like a good store. I really have no brand loyalty with regard to parts stores. I mostly base my shopping off of who's working in there and how good their store manager is. Just so happens that in my area the O'Reilly fits the bill. Autozone sucks, Advance isn't any better and Napa is overpriced. :)

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for my delayed response to the towel question. Last 24 hours having been kind of crazy. Carrie Underwood concert and losing my truck keys...
anyways, if your microfiber are leaving crud behind that usually means they’re a low quality towel and poorly made. and there just gonna keep doing what they’re doing. I only buy microfiber towels from chemical guys. I’m super picky about what touches my paint and what I use to detail with. I have never had any issues with CG towels. But the cheap parts store towels and the online bargain towels always leave crud behind. And usually the leave the towel pattern in the streak marks.... which is really annoying. Lol

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for my delayed response to the towel question. Last 24 hours having been kind of crazy. Carrie Underwood concert and losing my truck keys...
anyways, if your microfiber are leaving crud behind that usually means they’re a low quality towel and poorly made. and there just gonna keep doing what they’re doing. I only buy microfiber towels from chemical guys. I’m super picky about what touches my paint and what I use to detail with. I have never had any issues with CG towels. But the cheap parts store towels and the online bargain towels always leave crud behind. And usually the leave the towel pattern in the streak marks.... which is really annoying. Lol
Haha. Thanks for the response Chase. Yeah I kinda figured I was getting payback for cheaping out on the MF cloths. Good info. I’ll probably just use these for rags, and get good quality towels. [emoji106][emoji16]

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha. Thanks for the response Chase. Yeah I kinda figured I was getting payback for cheaping out on the MF cloths. Good info. I’ll probably just use these for rags, and get good quality towels. [emoji106][emoji16]
Always good to have rags handy for miscellaneous projects. Lol. And good MFs for your truck detail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts