Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
To be tested and we thought about that. I am going to rock it like this for a bit. If it becomes an issue, I will probabaly clear coat them.
Have you thought about filling in the scratch with touch up, then wet sanding? Clear it, then wet sand again then buff it shiney.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uncovered the Tahoe today after 2 months. Connected the battery and fired her right up. What a sweet sound! I smiled like a kid at Christmas.

Quick wipe down with a new microfiber and she was ready for a spin down to the supermarket.

But first there were a few installations.

I left the Esky vent caps and the front passenger door handle at the painters back in May, and had my OEM lift gate handle already on standby from May, so they were all waiting for me.

I put those 3 parts on and went for a spin before the afternoon thunderstorms rolled in.

A few pics since it's been over 3 months since I've had a chance to add anything to my build thread.

fullsizeoutput_7cf6.jpeg GDRaHcRiRMSn+o7TUbEX5g.jpg CwCr4XHqSauhGsZiW7udhA.jpg bez8fQ%OSZ2Hm68g%xLG%A.jpg

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really love your patience and am slightly envious lol

My patience? Lol thank you.

Are you serious? I have watched your thread and the cool stuff you dream up and attempt. Pretty damn patient from where I’m sitting.

Keep up the good work yourself.

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My patience? Lol thank you.

Are you serious? I have watched your thread and the cool stuff you dream up and attempt. Pretty damn patient from where I’m sitting.

Keep up the good work yourself.
That's not patience. That's life and little ones forcing a delay. Lmao

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not patience. That's life and little ones forcing a delay. Lmao

Know it all too well. Lol

My house is currently 1/2 way across the Pacific this morning on the A380 finally headed home.

The quiet house will erupt with chaos later tonight. Hopefully their connection will not resemble my story from above.

Hence why I slammed the trucks, yard work and house cleaning all in as I only had 3 days without a full house.

Be good to have them home though.

A35575AE-C2AA-41E5-AD85-DD49E8A05941.png

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. The quiet is nice as well as the time allotted to finish projects, but it lacks the normality of chaos, which is odd to hear, even when you're saying it.

It's only odd because we can truly understand the diversity of having organized chaos and total peace (rarely) of being able to truly zone out without interruption and actually accomplish something YOU want/need to do and not having a constant deadline of something else on the horizon that does not involve turning a wrench.

We wouldn't of course trade it for anything in the world, but.....we can still mention it ammaright?

The quiet is coming to an end....:):( lol

The wife and kids legged it thru DFW after all that long ass flight and the BS (immigration, bags, security, train) to get to the gate with 10 minutes to spare. Thank goodness for them.

Guess I'll update my build thread in another 3 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts