Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
Nice score on the handle! I need to take a junkyard day! I don’t need anything specific but its so relaxing and destressing, so I need to hit mine up haha.

I would say a bad day at the junk yard is better than a good day at work... but I've had a bad day at the junk yard that I wouldn't wish on ANYONE.

Grass was grown up past your knees, weeds were taller than me, I KNEW there were snakes in that grass somewhere, just barely missed stepping on a basketball-sized ant mount, it was about 95* outside, and there wasn't a single part worth pulling in that entire yard.

Worst day ever.

By the way, anyone in Marion County, FL - don't bother going to Advantage Auto Salvage off of C25 anymore... used to be an awesome yard. Sucks butt now.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
78274 miles

Got a new set of Moog end links, part number K700539 from Amazon and installed them this morning. Thanks @95escahoe for the part info. I double checked on the Moog site ($21.35 per side) first as Amazon ($14.93 per side) says it does not fit my truck.

See here:
https://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/moog-k700539

White is the only color. They did have blue, but have since been discontinued.

Easy swap, but I did have to lift the truck up just barely off the ground as I couldn't get the end link in between the lower control arm and the sway bar. Plus it made a bit more room to work the wrenches. Approximately 30 minutes for the job.

Took it for a spin to settle the front end down. Whether there is a noticeable difference or not is TBD, but nonetheless refreshing an old part on the suspension is always a winner.

IMG_6065.jpg IMG_6067.jpg IMG_6064.jpg IMG_6066.jpg IMG_6068.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
78274 miles

Got a new set of Moog end links, part number K700539 from Amazon and installed them this morning. Thanks @95escahoe for the part info. I double checked on the Moog site ($21.35 per side) first as Amazon ($14.93 per side) says it does not fit my truck.

See here:

Easy swap, but I did have to lift the truck up just barely off the ground as I couldn't get the end link in between the lower control arm and the sway bar. Plus it made a bit more room to work the wrenches. Approximately 30 minutes for the job.

Took it for a spin to settle the front end down. Whether there is a noticeable difference or not is TBD, but nonetheless refreshing an old part on the suspension is always a winner.

View attachment 218348 View attachment 218350 View attachment 218347 View attachment 218349 View attachment 218351
You just disgust me! Underneath is too damn clean :yucky:! J/K nice job. I need to do mine.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
78274 miles

See here:

View attachment 218348 View attachment 218350 View attachment 218347 View attachment 218349 View attachment 218351

That's funny... I just got my Moog 700528 end links from Amazon... about $15 for the pair.

They are shorter to get the sway bar back level with the control arm/ground.

Gonna try to get them put on when I get the new Rancho struts put in.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's funny... I just got my Moog 700528 end links from Amazon... about $15 for the pair.

They are shorter to get the sway bar back level with the control arm/ground.

Gonna try to get them put on when I get the new Rancho struts put in.

1/2 price what I paid on Amazon and was cheaper there than other sites.

Interesting....why the difference? Pretty happy with those Moog vs. OEM setup, especially with the way the top nut threads in so easy to the rod rather than that flat disc they used. Makes it very easy to do the job and tighten up.

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
1/2 price what I paid on Amazon and was cheaper there than other sites.

Interesting....why the difference? Pretty happy with those Moog vs. OEM setup, especially with the way the top nut threads in so easy to the rod rather than that flat disc they used. Makes it very easy to do the job and tighten up.

I'm not sure on the difference in price other than the ones I bought are shorter.

The ones I ordered are 3.25" between the sway bar and control arm... that is 3.25" for 2 bushings and the spacer combined.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
78274 miles

See here:

I put these on about 6 months ago after my belltechs failed. Great upgrade