Flasher module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is the flasher module located on a 2011 gmc yukon looking at converting to led turn signals and want to know the location

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not believe that there is a removable flasher in your truck. The flasher is built into the BCM circuitry. If you convert to LED turn signals, you either go with the hyperflash (like I do) or you install resistors in series with the LEDs in the wiring outside of the light lens assembly. The resistors are typically sold wherever you purchase your LEDs.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyway to change it so it thinks differently
Yes but it’s expensive. You need to flash (tune) the BCM. I did this on my 08 Silverado using the Autocal I already owned. There’s only one company I know of that offers this, BT Dieselworks. If you own an Autocal, it will cost you $195 for the tune file. If you don’t own one, you’ll have to buy one or now I just heard their Autosync can be used to flash the BCM. The Autosync has a ton of other cool features but it won’t eliminate hyper flash on the GMT900’s without flashing the BCM. They sell a package deal for both at $349. Look for the features comparison link on this page.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I left the hyperflash on mine, as I believe that the fast flash attracts more attention from other motorists, and after all, that is the purpose of the directional signals in the first place. I will note that hyperflash is illegal in some states.