Fixing my rattle trap interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@fozzi58 I actually have some backer rod. Somebody recommended pulling it through old weather stripping. I have to say it didn't work for that but your idea is MUCH better! The weather stripping just fell apart as I tried to pull it through and the backer rod no matter how much silicone grease I used seemed to rip before I could get it too far in the weather stripping.

On a side note, much of my weather stripping was pulled at the junkyard, soaked and cleaned VERY thoroughly. However, it's still old. I kind of want new but it isn't exactly free. It's kind of spendy.

@MassHoe04 I hear ya. I bought some, a while back though, not sure what brand to do windows in a house and it worked REALLY well. However, I wish I could find some that is 3M brand for automotive application. I'm CERTAIN 3M makes it but no idea where to buy it. For now I'll try the Frost King. I think my local ACE sells it.
Maybe a body/paint supplier like Eastwood... Wouldn't hurt to check there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins

Latest posts