First thread for Surf City Garage!! :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm first WOOT!!

So give some us novices a quick run down of detailing essentials if we were to do this in our driveway and garage! :popcorn:

Welcome to the site :Handshake:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are the the OTC products different from the pro line?

I have used the OTC leather with lanolin about 2 bottles worth.

Surf City Garage

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Thanks for having Surf City Garage as a part of this forum! I will do my best below to answer your questions about both the new Professional Line and the basics of knocking a good wash out in the driveway with Surf City Garage products.

The biggest differences you will find between the Retail and Professional Lines in addtition the the obvious of one being an Enthusiast line of products and the other being designed for the Detailing Professional are as follows:

You will find some of the Pro products to be made in Concentrate form such as Surf City Professional APC Concentrate. This can be diluted down to clean items as delicate as interiors, or be diluted so that even the heaviest grease in your engine bay or grime on tires and wheel wells comes clean in a safe manner while being easy and effective.

The Surf City Professional Extreme Suds Balanced Wash provides stronger cleaning, more suds and foam than the Retail line, and is pH balanced to negate having to worry about water spots at the end of the wash in most cases.

The SCG Professional Spray Glaze is fantastic on glass and paint to really bring another level of POP from your finish.

SCG Professional Hyrdo Seal
is something really easy to use that adds the protection of a Sealant by hand! It goes on wet and leaves your paint with a nice layer of protection from the elements.

In general with things like Cleaners and Dressings from the Professional line vs the Retail line, you will find cleaners are stronger, dressings last longer, and there are some items only available that a Professional Detailer would use regularly. That said, there are some things while still being easy to use in the Pro line, they are a little more difficult to apply than something from the Retail line. The Professional products were designed for the Detailer that does this for a living, so they have to be superior in quality and durability.

To knock out a wash in the driveway, if it were me, I would use the following items:
  • Surf City Pro Extreme Suds Balanced Wash with two buckets, two grit guards, and two forms of wash media. (1 for the upper 2/3 and one for the lower 1/3.)
  • SCG Professional APC Concentrate diluted 4:1 for the tires and wheel wells. Of course using the proper brushes.
  • SCG Professional Active Wheel Cleaner to knock off the dirt and brake dust in conjunction with a good wheel brush.
  • If you don't plan on using Sealing the finish with SCG Professional Hydro Seal, then use SCG Professional Polymer Detail Spray as a Drying Agent. This means while the vehicle is still wet from the post wash rinse, spritz the paint and glass with detail spray and use something like a Waffle Weave towel or heated and forced air or both, to dry it off. This will leave it looking freshly waxed, and also no water spots!
  • If you want to take the Shine up another level from there, now is the time to use SCG Professional Spray Glaze. Again this isn't needed all the time, but it sure is nice having more Shine!
  • Once the vehicle is dried off now would be a good time to dress the tires with SCG Professional Tire Dressing and Conditioner. This will leave your tires with your choice to be glossy or more of a matte look, by being able to dilute as needed. In my opinion, it's perfect! NO SLING.
  • If your vehicle has rubber or plastic trim, SCG Professional Exterior Trim Conditioner is a great water based dressing that is also able to be diluted for gloss or matte, and provides a great look at the same time as protecting those pieces.

Thanks again for having us and we look forward to helping the community here! One thing I have been telling people about this new Professional Line is although it says Pro on the label, it is really very easy to use and get Superior results from!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse

Latest posts